Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Action work gunsmith needed.. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/action-work-gunsmith-needed-63212/)

38special 04-24-2012 11:48 PM

Action work gunsmith needed..

Ok I just bought the wife a ruger 380 LCP for her birthday and the trigger IMO is awful.. To much pull( not pound wise) length wise.. Anyone know of any gunsmith that has/does an action job on one of these? Any help would be nice.. I've made a few phone calls and no luck so far..

JonM 04-25-2012 12:22 AM

i dont think you can atm. ive never heard of anyone doing that.

my wife has a bersa thunder 380 and a xdm in 9mm. she likes the xdm a lot more because the trigger is the same on all shots.

38special 04-25-2012 12:29 AM

I was afraid of that..

Gonzilla 04-25-2012 12:32 AM

The long trigger pull is intentional, it's to keep people from shooting themselves in the leg/foot. I don't think you'll find any after mkt support.

If you want a short trigger, try a Sig or Colt Mustang.

38special 04-25-2012 12:45 AM

I unsterstand the reason behind it(there is no safety ) but at the same time 3/4 of an inch pull its a bit much.. I'm not trying to make it single action just a bit less play.. And she wants the slide hard chromed..it wasn't an option with the pink version.. It has a crimson trace so not worried about not being able to see down the slide to the sights..

Gonzilla 04-25-2012 03:55 AM

I had to add the laser as well. The speed bump like sights were rough on my old eyes. I can get a clean release from mine - I practice w the laser but if you are still having issues, might be time to contact Ruger.

If you have a gunshop nearby, take a trip and try a few others. If they are the same, it's the gun and if not, Ruger's CS should take care of you.

Just my .02 - I like the long trigger, you gotta really want to fire it and yet, under pressure, it's very easy to fire. Just not a whole lotta fun...

Gonzilla 04-25-2012 04:00 AM

I've also had very good luck w hard chrome. Wasn't available when I bought mine either or I w have bought it.

Gonzilla 04-25-2012 03:29 PM

We're you aware that duracoat is probably just as good & the color choice is, well, HUGE!

A guy in Vegas, $30, pick your color or a few bucks more if you want multi colors or cameo.

The finishes these days are light years ahead of the old days. Easier to clean, less friction, etc. but to be honest, nothing wrong w existing finish either.

38special 04-25-2012 11:13 PM

Robar does work on them for anyone interested.. I'll be shipping it out soon and I'll leave a detailed report when I receive it back

38special 04-25-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla (Post 781582)
We're you aware that duracoat is probably just as good & the color choice is, well, HUGE!

A guy in Vegas, $30, pick your color or a few bucks more if you want multi colors or cameo.

The finishes these days are light years ahead of the old days. Easier to clean, less friction, etc. but to be honest, nothing wrong w existing finish either.

Thanks for the info..