Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Act 235

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Act 235

Trying to get my act 235, which is Lethal Weapons certification for on the job work like, ( bodyguards, security guard,etc. the reason why bc I already have concealed carry permit but I want a job that I can carry a weapon and yes I'm in school to be a cop already but need a better part time job.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Retired

Liked 2267 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

In the state of PA?

Here in FL, our LEOs have part time jobs as security.

Suggest that you get through school first and (once graduated and accepted into a force) find out what the regular job thinks about part-time work.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yes I live near Pittsburgh, PA and I don't have time or enough money for school that's why I need this act 235 so I can be taking seriously by some good company's and get good money to take care of my family, I'm 23 and have my son who is 4 and a wife to take care of in the mean time.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #4

Liked 2252 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Is there a question hidden in there somewhere? Looking for guidance?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

It cost a lotta' money 15 years ago to get Act 235 and it was more of a hassel than Act 120 on the physical side (vision requirements) and the you had to pay a for a physch test to boot. Not an act 120 requirement at the time.
The pay wasn't all that good and you couldn't work as an independent bodyguard. A independent bodyguard has to possess a Private Detective License. That is a whole other set of requirements that not many people can meet. A PI cannot work for any law enforcement agency and be a PI at the same time.
Been there. Done that.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie2
It cost a lotta' money 15 years ago to get Act 235 and it was more of a hassel than Act 120 on the physical side (vision requirements) and the you had to pay a for a physch test to boot. Not an act 120 requirement at the time.
The pay wasn't all that good and you couldn't work as an independent bodyguard. A independent bodyguard has to possess a Private Detective License. That is a whole other set of requirements that not many people can meet. A PI cannot work for any law enforcement agency and be a PI at the same time.
Been there. Done that.
Thanks for PI idea, didnt think of that. And yes I've been researching it its going to be a least 450 for everything just for the act 235.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Is there a question hidden in there somewhere? Looking for guidance?
Yea I'm just looking for some info about the Act 235?