Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Absolute favorite?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Absolute favorite?

I wanna hear it all folks! What is your PERSONAL FAVORITE handgun of all time? This applies to all calibers, all makes, wheel guns and auto, any age or nationality. I wanna know what your absolute favorite handgun of all time is!

The only guideline is that I want you to have put ATLEAST 50 rounds through the gun you choose! JUST SEEING IT ONLINE OR AT THE STORE AND FAWNING OVER IT DOES NOT COUNT!

I'll start:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Sig p226 9mm. I have never owned one but have gotten to shoot an old friend of mines on a few occasion and it absolutely surpasses anything else I have ever handled in every imaginable way. It is equally as high on my wish and dream list as a Luger (which would probably be the gun I chose if I had ever done more than handle one).

Let's hear it folks... PERSONAL favorite ALL AROUND pistol.

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2009, 05:04 AM   #2

22 views not a single response :-?. Thought it was a decent to-kill-time kinda thread topic, but i suppose im wrong?

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe View Post
I wanna hear it all folks! What is your PERSONAL FAVORITE handgun of all time? This applies to all calibers, all makes, wheel guns and auto, any age or nationality. I wanna know what your absolute favorite handgun of all time is!

The only guideline is that I want you to have put ATLEAST 50 rounds through the gun you choose! JUST SEEING IT ONLINE OR AT THE STORE AND FAWNING OVER IT DOES NOT COUNT!

I'll start:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Sig p226 9mm. I have never owned one but have gotten to shoot an old friend of mines on a few occasion and it absolutely surpasses anything else I have ever handled in every imaginable way. It is equally as high on my wish and dream list as a Luger (which would probably be the gun I chose if I had ever done more than handle one).

Let's hear it folks... PERSONAL favorite ALL AROUND pistol.
I think the problem here is... you really need to own your favorite. My thinking is, "if" it's your favorite, ONE; you most likely would have had it for a long time, TWO; trust it with your life, THREE; a companion just like your life-long pet.

Mine is a Smith & Wesson 629 Classic.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Me personally, it's one of my 1911s - if I picked one it would be my 1st series Kimber Gold Match. TBH I shoot all of my guns a lot, including my 3 rimfire pistols...

Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My hi-point 995 it's a sweet little shooter and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger .

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #6

HI Wings, think I'm gonna cheat a little on this one!

Favorite all-time carry piece, Most miles on her & Totally dependable = SA 1911 9mm

Favorite all-time range queen, most fun rounds sent to target = toss-up between my .45 acp longslides, gotta give the edge to the OLY Matchmaster.

Favorite all-time 100 - 150 yd plinker, when the first shot don't really count = Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine

I've got a lot of all-time favorites, favorite caliber, collectors piece, deal, etc, you get the idea! I'm way too greedy to pick just ONE!! Ken

Old 11-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5262 Times on 2743 Posts
Likes Given: 331

i would say my desert eagle .50AE
its a lot of fun to shoot. i dont get to shoot it as much as i would like.

my springfield armory 1911-A1 is a close second. its also a lot of fun whether i am shooting .22LR or .45ACP i have more rounds out of that weapon than any of my ther handguns.

a close third is my sigP220. its my defensive handgun and all-round workhorse for selfprotection. i have almost as many rounds out of it as the 1911.

i dont think there is a runaway winner as number one. my most favorite handgun i shoot the least.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2582 Times on 1357 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Smith and Wesson M-657 4" .41 Magnum. Duty carry for many years. Dead nuts accurate, powerful and handy (for my paws). Nice conversation starter for those that have never even heard of a .41 Magnum.

#2 Smith and Wesson 1006 for the same reasons stated above.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #9

Liked 174 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Kimber Super Match .45 ACP - it just "fits" me perfectly. The most ergonomic (for me) handgun I own. It simply feels "right" to me.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Model 19 4" S&W .357 magnum .

Any gun owner that voted for obama is a gun owner I don't trust with a gun !