about a gun I might purchase - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > about a gun I might purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Shame on your husband for promoting the idea of shooting to injure. If you have a carry firearm for personal defense, its ONLY use is shoot to stop. If your not willing to take an attackers life to save your own, I would recommend a stun gun or pepper spray, weight training, and take self defense courses.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2741 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Firearms are by their definition "deadly weapons" trying to press a deadly weapon into non-deadly service is a VERY bad idea. If you are unwilling/unable to take a life, DO NOT CARRY A FIREARM. You will be crucified by a prosecutor/personal injury attorney. When you shoot, you must shoot to kill. Anything less will likely result in your death.

Deadly force is a double edge sword. One edge takes a life, the other saves a life (yours).

Get a civilian TASER or OC (pepper) spray.

Last edited by robocop10mm; 02-28-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Firearms are by their dfinition "deadly weapons" trying to press a deadly weapon into non-deadly service is a VERY bad idea. If you are unwilling/unable to take a life, DO NOT CARRY A FIREARM. You will be crucified by a prosecutor/personal injury attorney. When you shoot, you must shoot to kill. Anything less will likely result in your death.

Deadly force is a double edge sword. One edge takes a life, the other saves a life (yours).

Get a civilian TASER or OC (pepper) spray.
Isn't it politically correct to use the term "shoot to stop"?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm sorry madam, but you think like a victim. Hirer a body guard or take Dillinger's advice to heart.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You are looking at a pistol for all the wrong reasons, quite frankly, and I would suggest looking at some less lethal forms of defense like the Kimber Life Act or a similar unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Honestly you shouldn't carry any firearm with your mindset. Get some pepper spray.
+1

Do not take our advice the wrong way. We understand, and are trying to help you understand, that there is a certain commitment to do violence that must come with carrying a deadly weapon. It is not a fun thing to think about, but it is not something that can be ignored. If you do not feel that you can bear the responsibility that comes with carrying a deadly weapon, then I would encourage you to seek alternate forms of protection.

Here are a few ideas:

Taser C2

Kimber LifeAct Guardian Angel (OC Pepper Spray Blaster)

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2741 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Isn't it politically correct to use the term "shoot to stop"?
Shoot to stop is BS. It is a feel good term that panders to the left wing bleeding heart Libtards. The fact of the matter is there are only a couple of ways to reliably stop an atacker.

1. Cause the CPU (brain) to cease its agressive thoughts by depriving it of oxygen. This is accomplished by preventing the pump (heart) from delivering oxygen rich blood to the brain. This can be accomplished by disabling the heart by putting one or more bullets into and through it or causing the blood pressure to drop to the point the blood no longer reaches the brain. This can take 30 seconds or more to be effective.

2. Disable the CPU. Putting a bullet through the brain is effective.

3. Disconnect the CPU from the rest of the body by putting a bullet through the spine in the high Thoracic or Cervical areas.

Unfortunately (for the recipient), any of the above are generally fatal.

I know it is not Politically Correct to say "shoot to kill". I am sick and tired of Political Correctness. It is neither Political nor Correct. It is weak and subservient.

The cold fact is that if you do not shoot to kill, you will not be effective. You will likely end up the one dead.

If you insist on sounding PC, use "shoot to live". By taking a life, you get to keep yours.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Robo-I respectfully disagree. As someone who has actually had to use deadly force, and not being a law enforcement officer, you shoot to stop all further acts of aggression. The BEST way to do that is to shoot in vital target area which usually produces fatal results. I don't teach MY students to shoot to kill, instead I teach them that shooting to stop the bad guy is the only way. The best way to stop someone from any more acts of aggression is to shoot in the areas you stated. You're right in that shooting subhuman trash SAVES lives. This IN NO WAY states that I shoot intending to just wound, or teach that way. I guess we're saying the same thing differently. But some of us have found out the hard way the exact words spoken in the aftermath, or when calling 911 afterward, may have DRAMATIC differences later in court-or thankfully the absence of court when no charges are filed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Shoot to stop is BS. It is a feel good term that panders to the left wing bleeding heart Libtards. The fact of the matter is there are only a couple of ways to reliably stop an atacker.

1. Cause the CPU (brain) to cease its agressive thoughts by depriving it of oxygen. This is accomplished by preventing the pump (heart) from delivering oxygen rich blood to the brain. This can be accomplished by disabling the heart by putting one or more bullets into and through it or causing the blood pressure to drop to the point the blood no longer reaches the brain. This can take 30 seconds or more to be effective.

2. Disable the CPU. Putting a bullet through the brain is effective.

3. Disconnect the CPU from the rest of the body by putting a bullet through the spine in the high Thoracic or Cervical areas.

Unfortunately (for the recipient), any of the above are generally fatal.

I know it is not Politically Correct to say "shoot to kill". I am sick and tired of Political Correctness. It is neither Political nor Correct. It is weak and subservient.

The cold fact is that if you do not shoot to kill, you will not be effective. You will likely end up the one dead.

If you insist on sounding PC, use "shoot to live". By taking a life, you get to keep yours.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The gun, in it's many shapes, sizes, and calibers, is designed to do one thing, and one thing only.

It is designed to kill by driving a projectile at very high speeds into the vital organs of the opponent.

The gun was originally invented for use in warfare. The gun is designed to kill, not injure. This is a fact, and people should know this fact.

When you are teaching your students to shoot center of mass, you are teaching them to kill. You can try and cover this fact up by creating politically correct sayings like "shoot to stop" or "shoot to injure" if you'd like, but it doesn't change the facts.

Bottom line, if you own a firearm for self-defense, or you carry a firearm while performing your duties (military, LE, security guard, etc...) you MUST realize that if you fire that weapon in defense, you will most likely kill your attacker.

If you only want to wound, stick with sprays, tazers, and other less-than-lethal defensive tools.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

i agree, if your not going to shoot to kill you shouldnt shoot at all, if you were to injure the criminal he could easily sue you and you go to jail instead of him. if hes trying to hurt you kill him. all you will be doing is saving the next person he attacks their lives or their safety. thats my .02 oh and welcome to the site

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 02-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Honestly you shouldn't carry any firearm with your mindset. Get some pepper spray.
Yep, I gotta go with that. Then shag A##!!!

Jay