?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I was surprised, I walked in a gun store and they still had a bunch of stuff. The only thing including ammo, guns, and accessories they were out of stock were AR-15 lowers and .22 LR ammo.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2862 Times on 1655 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Things are settling down.
Brownells is not shipping out some lowers that have been on order. 5.56 ammo is getting more available (but still costly).

Is there a possibility that the fed government has figured out who the majority are yet?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #23

Liked 980 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 628

I have been to my 2 LGS in the last 3 days. One actually had about 8 AR's, and will sell you 100 rounds for $60 w/AR (only) purchase. AR prices were completely reasonable. Other LGS has one consignment AR for $2300, hasn't moved, and a little 223 ammo. $18/19 a box! He offered me 1000 rounds bulk today for $700.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 868 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 189

It seems to be easing a bit... but once everybody is stocked up, the shelves will suddenly be full and sales will be full on

Either that, or we have to turn it over to the feds.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #25

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
It seems to be easing a bit... but once everybody is stocked up, the shelves will suddenly be full and sales will be full on

Either that, or we have to turn it over to the feds.
And many will be breaking their own legs kicking their own ass for paying todays prices

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2794 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 1613

Just think of the stories you'll tell when you get old like some of us!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

My theory on this subject is somewhat rhetorical. But if everyone would calm the **** down for a few months, the overpricing of ammo and guns would seize to exist.

Example: Gun store gets multiple orders of guns and ammo into the store and marks all of it up 50%. Over the next month, he only sells 10% of his stock. He now doesn't project having enough money to make another order, pay rent or make payroll. He lowers the price back to pre-Sandy Hook prices and sells 75% of existing stock in less than a week. He now has money to make payroll, rent and another order.

I know it sounds crazy, but WE are ALL RESPONSIBLE for the current prices in today's firearms and ammo market. People don't realize that money talks. If the gun stores aren't getting your money, they will have to lower prices to stay afloat.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #28

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
My theory on this subject is somewhat rhetorical. But if everyone would calm the **** down for a few months, the overpricing of ammo and guns would seize to exist.

Example: Gun store gets multiple orders of guns and ammo into the store and marks all of it up 50%. Over the next month, he only sells 10% of his stock. He now doesn't project having enough money to make another order, pay rent or make payroll. He lowers the price back to pre-Sandy Hook prices and sells 75% of existing stock in less than a week. He now has money to make payroll, rent and another order.

I know it sounds crazy, but WE are ALL RESPONSIBLE for the current prices in today's firearms and ammo market. People don't realize that money talks. If the gun stores aren't getting your money, they will have to lower prices to stay afloat.
We've hashed all that-
There will always be those who think that their one little action will have no effect on the big picture
Course they never think to multiply that by a couple million---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

We've hashed all that-
There will always be those who think that their one little action will have no effect on the big picture
Course they never think to multiply that by a couple million---
My point exactly if everyone stood up to distributors and suppliers the way we stand up for our 2A rights, we wouldn't be in this situation.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 868 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Another take on the issue...

Ammo mfg says oh goody, this will be sustainable volume, profits are coming in by the truckload, I'm going to invest in expanding my factory. Suddenly thier production volume doubles, and for awhile their profits are in the stratoshpere. Mfg next state over does the same thing, etc, etc, etc. Suddenly two things happen, the market happens to get satisfied, and production volume is suddenly way up.

Simple supply and demand math.

the wild card, govt regulations.

Newest Threads