Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   9mm Hi point (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/9mm-hi-point-73911/)

roddog45 10-08-2012 01:42 AM

9mm Hi point

I've been thinking of buy a hi point 9mm. Just want to know what everyone think about that gun.

gearhead396 10-08-2012 01:57 AM

I own 3 I love them Cary one concealed everyday it's a good cheap utilitarian gun the other calibers they make are to big though. But I love the c9

jebsca 10-08-2012 02:00 AM

I have one and think that it works fine. I picked mine up in 9 for cheap because I wanted to see for my self if it was a good (or bad) as I have been told. The one that I got was beat all up, and had a broken firing pin. After I got it, I called customer service, and they sent me a new firing pin, no cost to me. After that, I took it out and it fired fine. It was the first 9 that my sisters fired, and they like it better than my 92FSs. I think they like it better cause of the bulky size making less felt recoil. Another thing that I have started using it for is testing new loads. I would rather mess up a cheap gun with a no questions asked warranty, than one of my better guns that does not have such a good warranty. The long of the short of it is that despite being a very ugly gun, it is a good shooter and I will keep mine. Hope that helps.

Polygon 10-08-2012 07:19 AM

If you absolutely need a gun now and can't spend more than a couple of hundred for a gun, then they're not too bad. But if you can wait and save a little there are hordes of better options. I would suggest saving for a better gun.

HOSSFLY 10-09-2012 12:37 AM

Been gone a spell- We STILL discussin this :confused:

W. C. Quantrill 10-09-2012 10:17 AM

After it dies for about 3 months, I'll post on it and bring it up again, so you can start over, Hoss!! Froze yet down your way?

You know I got good stuff, but when I was making my living with the gun, I carried that Llama that I picked up off the street for $85. It shot, and it shot every time, wasnt picky about magazines, or bullets, and I figgered if I got in a squeeze, I would shed a lot less tears dropping it down one of those 700 ft irrigation wells, than one of my good ones.

Gh0zt36 10-09-2012 10:59 AM

C9 is a natural pointing gun , pretty reliable , american made. If you run into any feed issues try flaring out the feed lips on the mag both sides just the slightest bit .

Otherwise . I dig it .

HOSSFLY 10-09-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill (Post 969828)
After it dies for about 3 months, I'll post on it and bring it up again, so you can start over, Hoss!! Froze yet down your way?

You know I got good stuff, but when I was making my living with the gun, I carried that Llama that I picked up off the street for $85. It shot, and it shot every time, wasnt picky about magazines, or bullets, and I figgered if I got in a squeeze, I would shed a lot less tears dropping it down one of those 700 ft irrigation wells, than one of my good ones.

I can count on you WC :D
Hey, ever Llama i had was a keeper!
I just never kept none :o

slog 10-10-2012 03:29 AM

Hi point C9 is heavy, ugly, low capacity, high recoil (in comparison to similar caliber autos).

BUT it's cheap, it fires, it's incredibly reliable, it's durable, it will last a long time, it's low maintenance, you won't really care if it breaks or gets beaten up, and if it does, Hi Point will repair or replace it free of charge for the rest of your life.

trip286 10-10-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 969437)
Been gone a spell- We STILL discussin this :confused:

Yes sir, it's still never ending...