Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   9mm for ccw? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/9mm-ccw-92899/)

Glockpotion23 06-25-2013 08:58 PM

9mm for ccw?
 
How many carry 9mm for ccw? I was thinking about maybe getting on(I carry .40 and .45acp). I seen this nice FN at the shop for under $600. I know a lot use 9's for the range but what about carrying? thoughts? suggestions?

johnr1943 06-25-2013 09:16 PM

I use/carry Beretta Px4 Storm Compact 9mm. :)

partdeux 06-25-2013 11:12 PM

only carry a .410 or .500, nothing else will work
/sarc

Bad guys don't like bleeding holes any more then good guys.

Donn 06-25-2013 11:32 PM

EDC's an M&P Shield 9mm, loaded with modern ammo. Light, concealable, easy to handle, cheap to shoot. Practice at least once a week. Bottom line, if you're not well drilled enough to stop a threat with a 9, likely as not you won't stop it with a 40 or 45.

Axxe55 06-25-2013 11:53 PM

let me ask you a question. which would be more important when confronting a BG and having to use a pistol for SD, the caliber or reliablity?

the caliber debate has been just about done to death, and IMO it's a moot point. many people carry 9mm, many carry a 45, many carry a 40, and so on. what matters is being able to hit your intended target and that the pistol you carry goes bang everytime you pull the trigger.

and carry the largest caliber, that you can hit with accurately. several hits with a 380 will trump misses with a 44 everyday.

HOSSFLY 06-26-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1286817)
let me ask you a question. which would be more important when confronting a BG and having to use a pistol for SD, the caliber or reliablity?

the caliber debate has been just about done to death, and IMO it's a moot point. many people carry 9mm, many carry a 45, many carry a 40, and so on. what matters is being able to hit your intended target and that the pistol you carry goes bang everytime you pull the trigger.

and carry the largest caliber, that you can hit with accurately. several hits with a 380 will trump misses with a 44 everyday.

Thanks axxe- once again you saved me time in typing :D

Axxe55 06-26-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1286825)
Thanks axxe- once again you saved me time in typing :D

damn Hoss, you gonna have to pick up some of the slack here, cause my fingers are getting tired!:p

HOSSFLY 06-26-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1286836)
damn Hoss, you gonna have to pick up some of the slack here, cause my fingers are getting tired!:p

Least you use more than ONE :p

ctshooter 06-26-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Least you use more than ONE :p

Should look into speak to type software. Lol

HOSSFLY 06-26-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter (Post 1286848)
Should look into speak to type software. Lol

LOL but a dam gud suggestion :)
No- wait- I dont think that wud be gud---Thank goodness everything that i would say & but only feel like typing are WAY different & basicly censored :o


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.