Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 9mm, 40s&w,45acp? Is there really a best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 530 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 2836

I carry a G20 (10mm). I love it. Only bad part about it is that I am the only customer near 3 lgs that buys 10mm, so they don't always have some in stock.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #22

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Some forums are like moving from a state of reality into a state of illusion. Like in a library, one can enter the illusion, seek information, obtain information, absorb information, and exchange information; but when one leaves the illusion they must forget everything they learned and talked about. No one is permitted to open a new angle, new idea, new topic, or new thread of the common thought. Oh how the world of illusion is covently guarded by those who have the power to push the rejection button.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

HUH? I'm not sure if you are complaining or not.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
GY6

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i'm with Robo and Cane, this debate over 9mm vs. 40 S-W vs. 45 acp has been beat to death. all that happens is everyone gets their feathers ruffled, starts big arguments over what is better and why. simply put, carry the biggest caliber you can shoot accurately, period. there is not better than another, because there are too many variables to consider. i own many different pistols in many different calibers, and i carry different ones at different times, and i never feel intimidated or outgunned! this horse has been beat to death, too many times.
Im sure it has...but if you insist on saying people spend to much time on these topic arguing and making a mess of the topic at hand....then why do you come flying in on the thread to add your opinion? if its something you hate talking about, and really dont want anything to do with, JUST DONT CLICK ON THE THREAD...and let those who do wish to have a conversation about it(not arguing), add their two cents and enjoy a good talk about ballistics. So far the only people on this thread that have been bitching and arguing, are the people that claim to be tired of these threads, because there is too much bitching and arguing LOLLOLOOL ....a little ironic dont you think???

Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #25

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
...this horse has been beat to death...
My horses are not ones to complain. They live in the state of reality with the full understanding that their driver is stuck in the state of illusion and overcome by idiotism.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #26

I am going to add to the 9mm group. My reason: shot placement!!! I have had 1911's and was accurate with them however that was with a steady mind and shot. In high stress with .45 or .40 if I miss with my first I feel I might not be able to accurately take another shot. So on this you could say I blame myself. Not that the other rounds are bad or no good. Just my level of confidence in the task at hand should I ever be faced with it. Heck a .22 would be great with my theory but the problem there is the round is not reliable or has been my experience. I carried a Walther p22 on occasion when I first started carrying. Had too many fail to fire and feeds though.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #27

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

If a certain topic bothers you, don't read the posts, plain and simple. Let the rest of us make up our own minds about the topic and form our own opinions. As far as this thread goes I will say that firearm familiarization is key, not the cartridge being used. Being familiar enough with a firearm to be able to use it safely and effectively is what matters to me the most. What good is any ammunition if you cannot hit the target?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #28

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

There is no best caliber or firearm. None or the run of the mill 32 , 380, 9mm, 40 or 45 defence calibers are guarrantied 1 shot stoppers ether. Buy what you can afford to shoot alot and buy what you can carry year round. For me I carry a 15 to 17oz pistol in 9mm and with it I can control it better than a larger caliber and fire faster follow up shots and shot more accurately than larger calibers for that size firearm. The average person may also not buy the right handgun the first time ether. But that does tend to add to the collection in the safe.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #29
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16861 Times on 9770 Posts
Likes Given: 43948

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY6 View Post
Im sure it has...but if you insist on saying people spend to much time on these topic arguing and making a mess of the topic at hand....then why do you come flying in on the thread to add your opinion? if its something you hate talking about, and really dont want anything to do with, JUST DONT CLICK ON THE THREAD...and let those who do wish to have a conversation about it(not arguing), add their two cents and enjoy a good talk about ballistics. So far the only people on this thread that have been bitching and arguing, are the people that claim to be tired of these threads, because there is too much bitching and arguing LOLLOLOOL ....a little ironic dont you think???
i stated my opinion and if you don't like it tough. it's a public forum and i stated what my opinion is and why, and it what it is. i didn't ask you to agree. i'll say it again, this has been argued over for a hundred years. bigger is better, more capacity is better, faster MV is better, ect., ect., ect....

Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #30

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I am a 1911 fan from way back. I used to say I would never have a 9mm. Well, I did buy a Beretta 92 compact and I am glad I did. I have had a lot of fun shooting my 9mm and next to my Ruger Mark II .22 it is the most affordable to use. I would feel okay with packing either my 1911 or Beretta. With the right ammo a 9mm can be very lethal. I recommend practicing and being proficient with all of your guns so you can get the most enjoyment out of them and they can serve you well.