5.56 vs 9mm - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 5.56 vs 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
All the AF MP's I knew carried HP ammo in the states and they if they went over seas or into combat they had to use FMJ.
Yep. I just verified that with a few SP friends of mine. Thanks.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

All USAF Security Forces members carry the standard NATO 124 grain ball ammunition when they have to be armed with the M9. If they are carrying any HP ammo it's their own personal rounds, and they are changing the mags after they arm up at the beginning of the duty day.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #23

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I know a few guys who go play in the sand with Gold Dots in their pistols, and either Varmint Grenades or Black Hills 77gr SBTHP's in their M4s. To hell with NATO they say. The use what works.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #24

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
All USAF Security Forces members carry the standard NATO 124 grain ball ammunition when they have to be armed with the M9. If they are carrying any HP ammo it's their own personal rounds, and they are changing the mags after they arm up at the beginning of the duty day.
No these guys were getting the HP when they drew their weapon for the day or what ever they do (It's been a while). These guys were all dog handlers as well. Because I asked them what they were packin they said Hollow points. I said WHAT not FMJ said not in the states only in combat. Said that shooting someone here in the states was different than in combat.

I am just going by the guy I knew (All e-6) Security Forces guys.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

That's cool. It's not "legal" for them to carry HP, but if they do, more power to them. Nothing wrong with having a little extra insurance if you can swing it.