.45acp carry options
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .45acp carry options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default .45acp carry options

Hey guys and gals, i am stuck yet again on pistol options. I am looking for a .45acp that i can carry; compact or sub only. I carry a .40 cal now and have little to no issues. I plan on buying a G30sf in a month or two but would like another to carry. I looked at the G27(i know thats a .40) but IMO it wasnt that much smaller than the 30. I am a little suspect on the G36, it should be glock perfection plus it seems to be the ultimate carry size but have heard it has issues plus i am not a fan of the 6 rd capacity. I am open to any suggestions that wont break the bank.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I bleve they make a Springfield XDm45 "compact" with a 3.8" barrel. Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(M)® Polymer Handgun 9 round mag or 13 with the extension.

I have really enjoyed my full-sized XD45, but i don't carry it (except on the floorboard).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Have you thought about a Commander sized 1911 or the new Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact .45ACP?

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5997 Times on 3138 Posts
Likes Given: 428

here is my everyday carry. a colt new agent in 45acp 7+1 barely bigger than my palm. its a very comy carry gun as i carry iwb using a galco tuc424. i do want one of those new xdm 3.8 45acp's but i want to see one and hold one before i buy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2382 Times on 1287 Posts
Likes Given: 685

My g36 has been flawless since the wrong slide release installed by the previous owner was replaced with the correct one. My XD45 compact is a little bigger but about 8 oz heavier loaded 10+1. The grip on the g30 is a little big for me.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Last edited by JTJ; 12-06-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Thats why i love this forum...instant suggestions; thanks guys and i will definitely consider all those

Old 12-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
here is my everyday carry. a colt new agent in 45acp 7+1 barely bigger than my palm. its a very comy carry gun as i carry iwb using a galco tuc424. i do want one of those new xdm 3.8 45acp's but i want to see one and hold one before i buy.

That's a good looking pistol, and it looks like it would be a great carry weapon
How much did that run you? (if you don't mind me asking)
And how do you like it? (does it have any sights?

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5997 Times on 3138 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkl-28 View Post
That's a good looking pistol, and it looks like it would be a great carry weapon
How much did that run you? (if you don't mind me asking)
And how do you like it? (does it have any sights?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/few-my-favorite-pistols-36574/

i THINK i paid around 685$ 2 years ago. i dont remember what the tax and bg fee was. im sure they are a little more now. i bought it shortly after jim doyle the liberal fascist vetoed ccw in wisconsin. all the ccw carry guns around the state got marked to rock bottom prices. so i bought it cuz i knew it would eventually get passed

it has a trench sight which is the same style used on the old SAA colts from befor the turn of the last century. its a very fast accurate sight for Self Defense shooting. nothing to get snagged on clothing. sights just arent used in sd actions. its too fast. this isnt a room clearing securing the house type gun its an "OHSHT THAT M*&&**^^%TH*&F&R IS SHOOTING AT ME!!!!!" type gun. its for that 0-7 yards that sd action takes place

with concentration i can keep all 8 shots inside a mansized silhoutte at 25 yards. for SD range see the link above

i love it as a carry weapon. its light weight very slim compact. there arent many if any 9mm that come close in size weight and capacity much less 45acp chamberings.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-06-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #9

My favorite ccw is similar to the New Agent. It' s the Colt Defender. Nearly the same gun, but with sights.

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 AM   #10

Ok... I actually did some looking around online on the new agent after I saw your pics, and now I'm really thinking about getting one!
I've read a lot of reviews and saw some videos and it seems like a great gun to carry! Now I just need to safe up my pennies and then find one.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt