.45 caliber?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .45 caliber??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

wow, guys. I suggest your library's INTERLIBRARY BOOK LOAN. You need many hours of basic information gathering. :-) I recommend the following: COOPER ON HANDGUNS, DEFENDING THE RETREAT, COMBAT RIFLERY, KILL OR BE KILLED, QUICK OR DEAD, NO SECOND PLACE WINNER, THE EXPERT'S BOOK OF THE SHOOTING SPORTS, COMBAT HANDGUNNING , HANDGUNS AFIELD, HANDGUN HUNTING, IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME, THE TRUTH ABOUT SELF DEFENSE, NO EASY TARGET, (THE GUN, THE WOMAN,THE PLAN) EMPTY HAND, (&LOADED GUN), PISTOL SHOOTING(BEYOND THE FUNDAMENTALS), MASTER'S TIPS, STOPPING POWER, GUNFIGHTING, MEN AGAINST FIRE, ON KILLING, THE ULTIMATE SNIPER. also, check out Brian Enos's shooting forum, and likewise google for Paladin Press's site and search there for guns, shooting,etc. Use the titles to order the books thru your library.

Last edited by ttsl; 05-31-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #22

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl
wow, guys. I suggest your library's INTERLIBRARY BOOK LOAN. you need many hours of basic information gathering. :-) I recomnend COOPER ON HANDGUNS, NO SECOND PLACE WINNER, THE EXPERT'S BOOK OF THE SHOOTING SPORTS, COMBAT HANDGUNNING , HANDGUNS AFIELD, HANDGUN HUNTING, IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME, THE TRUTH ABOUT SELF DEFENSE, NO EASY TARGET, (THE GUN, THE WOMAN,THE PLAN) EMPTY HAND, (&LOADED GUN), PISTOL SHOOTING(BEYOND THE FUNDAMENTALS), MASTER'S TIPS, STOPPING POWER, GUNFIGHTING, MEN AGAINST FIRE, also, check out Brian Enos's shooting forum, and likewise google for Paladin Press's site and search there for guns, shooting,etc. Use the titles to order the books thru your library.
Thanks for all that wonderful info!

Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #23

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

If I can't carry it I really don't want it these days!! I have a little something in the safe for any unwanted company!! But my little sub 9 is like my wallet, if it isn't on me it's near me-
Oh it's completely silly to have a 100 rd drum on a pistol or a recreational rifle really. But is a sweet video.

To the op I carry my 1911 every day and love it. Never fired a 1911 that wasn't accurate. Even the cheapest of the cheap. Used to carry the FNP but its too big. Great target and duty gun though.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #24

Liked 740 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdub View Post
Full size xd or Fnx gives you high capacity offerings.
Real .45acp only need 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
The .45 is subsonic. It is slower.
My 10mm in a 1911 platform is very accurate. My Sig P6 is also very accurate w/ sub or supersonic ammo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
wow, guys. I suggest your library's INTERLIBRARY BOOK LOAN. You need many hours of basic information gathering. :-) I recommend the following: COOPER ON HANDGUNS, DEFENDING THE RETREAT, COMBAT RIFLERY, KILL OR BE KILLED, QUICK OR DEAD, NO SECOND PLACE WINNER, THE EXPERT'S BOOK OF THE SHOOTING SPORTS, COMBAT HANDGUNNING , HANDGUNS AFIELD, HANDGUN HUNTING, IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME, THE TRUTH ABOUT SELF DEFENSE, NO EASY TARGET, (THE GUN, THE WOMAN,THE PLAN) EMPTY HAND, (&LOADED GUN), PISTOL SHOOTING(BEYOND THE FUNDAMENTALS), MASTER'S TIPS, STOPPING POWER, GUNFIGHTING, MEN AGAINST FIRE, ON KILLING, THE ULTIMATE SNIPER. also, check out Brian Enos's shooting forum, and likewise google for Paladin Press's site and search there for guns, shooting,etc. Use the titles to order the books thru your library.
33rd post and YELLING AT PEOPLE!!!! We have a new one!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #25

no, just designating titles. I have a pair of messed up pinky fingers, and capitalization is difficult. So do you feature mindreading/profiling as a steady thing, or what? Cause you aint any good at it.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #26

Liked 740 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
no, just designating titles. I have a pair of messed up pinky fingers, and capitalization is difficult. So do you feature mindreading/profiling as a steady thing, or what? Cause you aint any good at it.
You are trying to pick a fight? I'm no typer, but I don't use my pinky finger. I save that for tea time and keeping it extended. Your intention was to show how superior you are and now degrade someone else to prove your a bad @ss. Grow up. A simple, "my bad" would have done much better.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Real .45acp only need 7.

My 10mm in a 1911 platform is very accurate. My Sig P6 is also very accurate w/ sub or supersonic ammo.

Need? Who is talking about needs?

I am jealous of your 10mm 1911.

I think the new guy isn't aware that there are many, many inquiries of the same nature as the one that got this thread started. He may not be aware of the group's unspoken policy of offering our opinion, help, or a bit of humor to thread questions even when they have been asked and answered before, perhaps many times. In the future, perhaps our newer member will be more understanding of repetitious questions, as we try to be understanding of others not familiar with the subtle nuances of FTF thread answering.

Group hug?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #28

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
Real .45acp only need 7.

You never know what you need til you need it. The 10mm and 9mm shoot flatter at longer range. That's what velocity gives you. The .45 is slow and heavy so it drops faster. At the same proper range any caliber pistol should be just as accurate as another depending on the shooter. I can't do anything with a .357 but I've never been any good with revolvers.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #29

baloney, in combat, you'll miss half of your shots off the vitals at a mere 10 yds,and if you use proper ammo in the .45, ie, corbon's 165 gr PoweRBall, at 1250 fps, you'll see no diff in drop betwen it and the 10mm to over 35 yds, which is pure luck hit range with a handgun, without ear protection, cover, and a braced firing position.

I"ll say 'my bad' when that is the case, dude. It aint.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Need? Who is talking about needs?

I am jealous of your 10mm 1911.

I think the new guy isn't aware that there are many, many inquiries of the same nature as the one that got this thread started. He may not be aware of the group's unspoken policy of offering our opinion, help, or a bit of humor to thread questions even when they have been asked and answered before, perhaps many times. In the future, perhaps our newer member will be more understanding of repetitious questions, as we try to be understanding of others not familiar with the subtle nuances of FTF thread answering.

Group hug?
Yes I am new to it all, Im 20 and my father is a police officer and I grew up shooting pistols and around guns. But I have never been shown to take one apart, which pistol is better than the other, which is for what and so on. I can shoot well and have a good shooting stance but other than a little research I'm pretty new to it. types of barrels triggers different bullet grains in different calibers and so forth. Just trying to get some info because I've always liked the .45 caliber and heard good things about it.