.44 mag handguns??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .44 mag handguns??

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kwaynebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I dont even know if we're on the map,Texas
Posts: 105
Default .44 mag handguns??

Looking for a quick answer here. My brother in law asked me if there were any .44 magnum semi autos out there because he would like to carry one when hunting but wanted more than six shots for protection against the big bad hogs. I told him to practice. One precise shot is usually better than the spray and pray. The only one I know of was the Desert Eagle, but I figure if there were more yall could help out. I have searched on the web and did not find any so Im hoping that maybe I was not terribly wrong with my answer. Thank you.

__________________

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Kwaynebb is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Some company or other makes a .44 in a 1911 format. lemmesee

Grizzly http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/absolutely-gratuitous-1911-porn-41038/#post482996

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.


Last edited by orangello; 09-23-2011 at 04:36 PM.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Im like you, the only .44 semi auto platform i have seen is the desert eagle.. Ive actually shot one and its a beast, and heavy as hell. They wouldnt make a good carry gun to say the least. Tht would b pretty awesome if there was a 1911 .44 magnum

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Firearms4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roanoke,Virginia
Posts: 1,757
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Like previously said Grizzly and some other make 1911 formats in .44 magnum. Has he considered a 10mm?

__________________

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Firearms4ever is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kwaynebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I dont even know if we're on the map,Texas
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
Like previously said Grizzly and some other make 1911 formats in .44 magnum. Has he considered a 10mm?
No that would be a good choice and I myself have considered the 10mm, but he thinks he is an old west type and does not understand these new pointless automatic handguns but if he gets one and keeps it .44 mag then he is not straying too far from his "roots". Even though the idea semi autos have been around since the late 19th century and he is only 25 and wears billabong and plays xbox more than anyone i know. sorry he really gets on my nerves with his im an old school kinda guy crap dirty harry wannabe. thanks for the info guys and i will pass it along to him.
__________________

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Kwaynebb is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaynebb

No that would be a good choice and I myself have considered the 10mm, but he thinks he is an old west type and does not understand these new pointless automatic handguns but if he gets one and keeps it .44 mag then he is not straying too far from his "roots". Even though the idea semi autos have been around since the late 19th century and he is only 25 and wears billabong and plays xbox more than anyone i know. sorry he really gets on my nerves with his im an old school kinda guy crap dirty harry wannabe. thanks for the info guys and i will pass it along to him.
I would b willing to bet tht he also owns Red Dead Redemption for Xbox360 doesnt he? Lol
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,448
Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

I think the best options are these:

44mag or 454cas revolver
460 Rowland semi-auto 1911
or a hot-loaded 10mm semi-auto

__________________
"The Future is Unwritten"
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 454
Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaynebb View Post
Looking for a quick answer here. My brother in law asked me if there were any .44 magnum semi autos out there because he would like to carry one when hunting but wanted more than six shots for protection against the big bad hogs. I told him to practice. One precise shot is usually better than the spray and pray. The only one I know of was the Desert Eagle, but I figure if there were more yall could help out. I have searched on the web and did not find any so Im hoping that maybe I was not terribly wrong with my answer. Thank you.
The Desert Eagle used to be offered in .357 mag, .44 mag and .50 AE. I thought the magazine capacity was six on the bigger rounds for the DE (?)

If he wants more rounds and power, he could get a Para 1445 which carries 14 rounds of .45 and load it with the hot defense loads that go to about 550 ft-pounds muzzle energy.
__________________

Last edited by bountyhunter; 09-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.
bountyhunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Firearms4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roanoke,Virginia
Posts: 1,757
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

He would be better of carrying a revolver in .44 magnum rather than a semi automatic in .44 magnum. I would strongly recommend that he bases his decision regarding firearms on real life and not movies/video games.

__________________

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Firearms4ever is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 454
Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
He would be better of carrying a revolver in .44 magnum rather than a semi automatic in .44 magnum. I would strongly recommend that he bases his decision regarding firearms on real life and not movies/video games.
I agree. I own plenty of autos to shoot in competition, but any gun I bet my life on has a wheel where the bullets go.
__________________
bountyhunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Can own handguns,can't get CCW ninjatoth Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 102 10-03-2011 10:03 PM
New to Handguns EmilyATL Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 30 09-24-2011 02:07 PM
Very new to handguns BigDaddyJim General Handgun Discussion 21 02-14-2011 11:23 AM
Top 10 Handguns? GunMats General Handgun Discussion 34 06-06-2010 08:50 PM
.45 acp and 9mm handguns painted_klown The Club House 13 07-16-2008 08:15 PM