Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .41 Magnum?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,461
Liked 1119 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

.41 mag is arguably the best all-round handgun cartridge ever invented. It's even good for lever action rifles. But it was originally made for LE, who rejected it because of the recoil, and would-be macho types passed it up for .44 mag. But it is great for hunting, camping, hiking, 100-yd to 250-meter target shooting.

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1763 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariSam View Post
What do you think about the .41 Magnum cartridge? also what do you think are the best handguns chambered for it? i really like the .41 magnum cartridge and my favorite handgun it's chambered in is the S&W classic model 57. i would also like a Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum.
I know for a fact a .41 magnum will kill a Chevy truck. I also know for a fact that warranty won't cover it. No, it wasn't my truck and I wasn't the shooter.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 40
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Best All-Around Handgun Caliber IMO

I own several 41 Magnums and I love em'!! If you reload you can do some awesome things with this caliber! I carry a Taurus Tracker with a 3" barrel (bottom photo).

img_0007-r.jpg   dscn0005-r.jpg   dscn0051-r.jpg  
__________________
NDMarksman is offline  
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Most accurate single action i've ever owned or even shot
OM Blackhawk-

__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMarksman View Post
I own several 41 Magnums and I love em'!! If you reload you can do some awesome things with this caliber! I carry a Taurus Tracker with a 3" barrel (bottom photo).
I originally wanted the 4" in Titanium but couldn't get one in time so settled for a .44 Mag. 'course the last inch of the Tracker is nothing but a compensator. When'd they make 3" Trackers!?
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 40
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Tracker 41 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I originally wanted the 4" in Titanium but couldn't get one in time so settled for a .44 Mag. 'course the last inch of the Tracker is nothing but a compensator. When'd they make 3" Trackers!?
Beg to differ Hocka, the Trackers I have in 41 Magnum (I own 3) are rifled all the way out to the muzzle. The .44 Tracker I sold with a 4" barrel is not! The ported end on the .44 was counter-bored for some reason but it still shot accurately!
__________________
NDMarksman is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 AM   #57
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,776
Liked 19473 Times on 11062 Posts
Likes Given: 49073

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMarksman View Post
Beg to differ Hocka, the Trackers I have in 41 Magnum (I own 3) are rifled all the way out to the muzzle. The .44 Tracker I sold with a 4" barrel is not! The ported end on the .44 was counter-bored for some reason but it still shot accurately!
i don't anything about the Tracker's in 41, but my 44 Tracker is counterbored about 3/4" into the muzzle with 4 ports on either side of the barrel.

and yes it's accurate too!
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 40
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i don't anything about the Tracker's in 41, but my 44 Tracker is counterbored about 3/4" into the muzzle with 4 ports on either side of the barrel.

and yes it's accurate too!
I'm not real sure why Taurus did that to the 44's but I own three 41's and none are like that (counter-bored). The 41's I own are rifled all the way to the muzzle and shoot great too.
__________________
NDMarksman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #59
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,776
Liked 19473 Times on 11062 Posts
Likes Given: 49073

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMarksman View Post
I'm not real sure why Taurus did that to the 44's but I own three 41's and none are like that (counter-bored). The 41's I own are rifled all the way to the muzzle and shoot great too.
honestly, i don't have a clue either.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 751
Liked 476 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Default

I love the 41 mag and can't understand why I never owned one. My sgt. back in '71 had a 41 Ruger that everyone loved shooting. It's a very underated round that hasn't received the praise it rightfully deserves. I have a S&W mod 29 44 that I bought in the mid 70's and admit it was the Dirty Harry movies that influenced me, but I had since learned that Clint Eastwood actually was using a 41 mag in the movies. Why? I just don't know.

__________________
gunsmoke11 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is a .44 Magnum enough? BlueTurf General Handgun Discussion 55 09-15-2013 07:41 AM
32 Magnum Thelt Revolver Handguns 3 12-04-2010 07:53 PM
.327 Magnum-.32 H&R Magnum-.32 S&W Long IDVague General Handgun Discussion 6 07-28-2010 09:34 PM
17 hmr or 22 magnum?? aslowdodge AR-15 Discussion 0 06-08-2010 04:26 AM
.44 Magnum - Do They?? Dillinger 1911 Forum 43 01-21-2009 07:38 PM