40 or 45 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 40 or 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92

You know horniday critical defense rounds in .40 carries more ft lbs and greater fps than the .45? On the other side, the .45 makes a bigger hole
Yea. Even tho I do not like the .40 it's my EDC at the moment. Only bc all my other guns are the size of dump trucks. I keep it loaded with critical duty.

I play to switch to .357 sig for my EDC soon.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

The only .40 caliber handguns I have owned were an older Sig p226, Kahr K40, and the S&W Sigma 40VE. Have shot many .40's in varying sizes over the years and none of them really made me want one again. I certainly would trust the round to stop a threat but I don't shoot competition so can't add anything on that front. Not recoil sensitive but found them a little snappy.

The .45 is a great round. There will always be a debate on the pros and cons of different calibers so in the end your needs and preferences take precedent.

Personally,.45 is the most accurate for me. I would recommend a 1911- you can still find .45 in stores many places and as stated you can get the 8+1 magazines. They are highly customizable, classic, reliable, and the knowledge base here alone is enough to get just about any question answered.

For the record, I think your interest in the Beretta is valid also.

Also, the Sig 220 is a solid .45 platform (mine was "lost" during a divorce - turned it into a tattoo that the beast couldn't get half of lol)