40 or 45 - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

40 or 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by austin92

You know horniday critical defense rounds in .40 carries more ft lbs and greater fps than the .45? On the other side, the .45 makes a bigger hole
Yea. Even tho I do not like the .40 it's my EDC at the moment. Only bc all my other guns are the size of dump trucks. I keep it loaded with critical duty.

I play to switch to .357 sig for my EDC soon.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

The only .40 caliber handguns I have owned were an older Sig p226, Kahr K40, and the S&W Sigma 40VE. Have shot many .40's in varying sizes over the years and none of them really made me want one again. I certainly would trust the round to stop a threat but I don't shoot competition so can't add anything on that front. Not recoil sensitive but found them a little snappy.

The .45 is a great round. There will always be a debate on the pros and cons of different calibers so in the end your needs and preferences take precedent.

Personally,.45 is the most accurate for me. I would recommend a 1911- you can still find .45 in stores many places and as stated you can get the 8+1 magazines. They are highly customizable, classic, reliable, and the knowledge base here alone is enough to get just about any question answered.

For the record, I think your interest in the Beretta is valid also.

Also, the Sig 220 is a solid .45 platform (mine was "lost" during a divorce - turned it into a tattoo that the beast couldn't get half of lol)

Newest Threads