380add?.what one - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 380add?.what one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I bough a S&W Walther PPK/s .380 Great shooting handgun.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2867 Times on 1399 Posts
Likes Given: 1448

Birdguy.

I have a Kahr P-380. Some have advised of some problems like most other small compacts have reported. But I cleaned it the minute I got it like I was advised to by members of the Forum. They advised they are dirty when you get them because evidently the factory test fires them and boxes them? It was as they said. I cleaned and lubed it at the start and have never had a malfunction with it. The trigger is fantastic on it. Here is a photo of it although I presently have the magazine extensions on the mags since I can not stand for my pinky finger to hang over on any grip! I did find out when using Federal Hydra-Shok ammuntion I must push the slide release and the round is loaded every time. If I pull the slide back by hand and let the slide move forward it does not want to load the first round. But as stated it has never malfuntioned to date.
It is made in the USA. If I did not have this pistol in 380 it would be a SIG.

p-380-hand.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #13

I've had my Colt Mustang for years. It's a great gun. Nice single action triggers are hard to beat. However, being an all metal gun, I found it a bit too heavy for pocket carry in the heat of summer. (as little clothing as possible) Times other than extreme heat, I carry something other than a mouse gun.

When Ruger introduced the LCP, I bought one. It is much nicer for pocket carry. It's not a range gun. It is VERY snappy, due to the small size/weight. It is accurate and extremely reliable with all ammo. For pocket carry, I really like it. I put the CT on mine. The sights are had to find.

Ruger offers a lifetime warranty.

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #14

Well now I don't know which one to get

Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #15

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

I just got back from the range with my S&W bodyguard .380. 3" group at 15 yards is damn good for me with ANY gun. I am so happy with this weapon I cannot even express it through words. Keep in mind, I used to have an LCP...

Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #16

I think I am intrested in the 380 bodyguard s&w any more info on it is it a decient laser

Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #17
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2388 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbirdguy View Post
I think I am intrested in the 380 bodyguard s&w any more info on it is it a decient laser
The laser makes a great training aid, but the button is not designed well for turning it on in a high pressure situation. And it gets dirty pretty quick when shooting a lot.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #18

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbirdguy
The laser is a novelty part of this gun to me, I like the sights on this gun a lot and the laser is accurate when I use it to shoot however, in a necessary situation my last thought would be to turn the laser on. I picked mine up NIB for $330 OTD. Not a bad price on this gun considering it has the laser.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2388 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 858

Another plus for the BG 380 is it has replaceable sights. I swapped out the sights on mine for a set of XS Big Dot sights. It has far better sights now than anything you can find stock out there. There are not many 380's you can swap sights on. I think the Sig maybe also.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 295 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 132

While the CS laser makes the speed bump sights irrelevant, I wish my LCP had XS Big Dot sights.