380add?.what one
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 380add?.what one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 380add?.what one

Am intrested in adding a 380 auto compact to my gun collection
What one would you recommend it has to be a USA made model I want a good reliable one but don't want a expensive one

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #2

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

If your on a budget,I've heard good things about bersa thunder .380's. Can be had for $300 in most shops,and even less online. Bersa sells guns worldwide and doesn't have a big marketing department,at least here in the U.S.,which allows them to sell quality guns for prices often less than the competition.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

im not impressed by the US made 380's bersa thunder 380 is my 380 of choice. bersa fixed the problems with the walther ppk.

if you MUST get a US made one the only one i can think of is the ruger lcp. but its too small for my tastes. i find them incredibly unpleasent to shoot and not the most accurate in rapid fire which is a must for a 380. your life depends on quick accurate follow ups especially with a 380.

in my opinion anything smaller than a bersa thunder/walther ppk in size is just too small to get it done for fast accurate follow ups.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

I have a S&W bodyguard .380 and really enjoy it. I had a ruger LCP and l like my bodyguard a lot more. The sig P238 is a really nice gun. It would actually be my first choice but was out of my budget, I am happy with my decision though.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #5

I have a 9 mm sigma as my home gun can't carry in my state

Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #6

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I'm hoping to find the new Colt Mustang just out. I'll give it while & if not, it'll be the Sig P238 which was their answer to the original Colt Mustang.

I like my Bersa .380 CC & my wife's Bersa Thunder .380, but they are not made in the U.S.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Kahr has a 380 like a glock but much smaller and there is diamond back all made in us all good guns and reasonable and reliable all striker fired like glock,xd,and ruger sr series good luck

Old 01-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

I have the S&W BG 380 and like it very much.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I have Ruger LCP w CS laser. Very reliable and accurate gun despite speed bump like sights. (why I got the laser) I bought it for CC & bedside home defense. at 9.4 oz unloaded, it is a handful to shoot. I swap clips outs every 30 days but have kept it loaded for 6 months just for the hell of it and it fired faithfully every single round. Ammo was Critical Defense 90 gr. load.

Full Disclosure:
The Sig has much better sights and SA triggers will always outshine DAO but do you want to carry a mouse gun locked & cocked ? If that is not an issue for you, then the company reps ( TV show Guns & Gear) advised going w all steel model if you want to fire it a lot. Evidently, they can not keep up w demand and Colt, as usual, was late for the party.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Full Disclosure:
The Sig has much better sights and SA triggers will always outshine DAO but do you want to carry a mouse gun locked & cocked ?
I agree. I'd jump at the Sig if I wanted to carry in a holster on my belt. But I pocket carry, and do not want to carry condition 1 in my pocket.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA