The .380 pistol; a double edged sword? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

The .380 pistol; a double edged sword?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #91
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

The CZ and Maks are nice pistols. Rugged, accurate and reliable but the 9mm's are now in the same size range and probably lighter but if I ran into one at a good price I would probably grab it.
bbertram Likes This 
Old 05-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #92
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default The .380 pistol; a double edged sword?

Again, as we discussed, I have had to fire weapons, in defense of my country, and once, a long time ago, to prevent a vicious crime. I pray I never have to do it again. I have an alarm, a big dog with sharp teeth, and anyone who thinks they can get past "SirGator" he must expect me to deliberately take my time finding "the right spot, yeah....maybe an entire magazine..." It won't be with a 380....

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #93

Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The CZ and Maks are nice pistols. Rugged, accurate and reliable but the 9mm's are now in the same size range and probably lighter but if I ran into one at a good price I would probably grab it.
The CZ-82, with 2 mags can be had for under $300, and it's a soft accurate shooter. With it's 12+1 configuration, and cheap FMJ ammo, I think it'd be a great range/home first pistol. It's a 25 YARD shooter, not a 25 FOOT shooter, and that can instill confidence . Mine is my primary "Michigan woods gun", when walking the dog.

Brent

The .380 pistol; a double edged sword? - General Handgun Discussion
FEG Collection
SKS Fan

Old 05-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
in Texas we are allowed to use deadly force to stop a thief from stealing our property. and just for clarification, i'm not looking to shoot anyone, but what right does anyone have to come onto my property, to go into my home without permission and take things that don't belong to them?

simple answer is, none. they know that it doesn't belong to them. they know where my property lines are. why should i have to pay an insurance deductable just because some deadbeat lazy lowlife would rather steal my things than work? frankly, i shouldn't have to.

simple fact is, someone caught stealing from me, and i catch them, how they leave will be their choice. it will either be in handcuffs or a body bag. their choice.
We have the same kind of law in South Carolina. In the past, on two separate occasions, I have caught two burglars in my house. In both cases when they saw I had a BIG gun, they were anxious to cooperate with me and wait politely for the deputy sheriff. But if they'd shown ANY aggressive attitude, instead of doing 2-10 in the state farm, they'd have been pushing up daisies for all eternity. My take on this that it is a personal decision, and it is not wrong to shoot an intruder. Who knows, if he steals your gun(s), you may be the next victim he shoots. Also, you can't be sure he's not carrying, and if you just challenge him verbally, he may shoot (or stab) before you can react, and you'll be the one pushing up daisies. One of the burglars I caught turned out to be carrying a BIG hunting knife. If I'd known that he'd be dead now.
Axxe55 Likes This