You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

.380 For EDC: Why, Tell Me Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 05:13 AM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6054 Times on 4031 Posts
Likes Given: 3137

There is a reason why KelTec chose not to equip its DA pocket pistols with such simple, inexpensive trigger stop. An adjustable rubber-headed screw, for example. If it worked, it could be a good selling point. Yet neither KelTec nor its competition (Kahr, NAA, Ruger etc etc) went for it.

Being familiar with most such models, I have never felt handicapped by a small trigger overtravel. The manufacturers might feel the same way. Maybe they want to rule out a failure to reset, or another safety concern. These are self-defensive, not target pistols.

Last edited by Mercator; 01-10-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #162
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I didn't wade through several months of discussion so this might have been said.

I don't carry a .380, but I might if I had one. I'm a revolver guy, so my EDC is a K-frame, 38 airweight revolver.

I carry that because that's what I want to carry. You of course are free to carry whatever you want to. It's ok with me.
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)