Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .380 choice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .380 choice?

Hey everyone im lookong to get a new gun in a .380 round. Ive thought about the ruger lcp and kel tec p-3at but im not sure and im looking for some input on a good carry .308 any help would be great. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

My favorite so far is the Sig P238. Locked breech design and very soft shooting for its size...

Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #3

Hows the price for the sig? I like the other ones cuz there price is cheap and affordiable.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

They aren't cheap but the price has dropped to a more reasonable level in the past few months - under $500 new with night sights. Nothing really good is really cheap - just depends what you're looking for...

Old 03-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5454 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

my favorite is the bersa thunder 380 i also have the high capacity thunder 380 plus. the thunder plus is the only 15+1 380 on the market. i like it over all the others because it fits my hand really well. its light fast with a really good trigger.

the bersas are the most underated 380's out there.

they are basically a clone of the walther ppk that fixes the issues of the negative issues of the walther. the slide rides a scootch higher than the ppk eliminating the annoying hand scrape you get from older ppks. they greatly improved the trigger making it really easy to shoot in DA mode. they also gave it a take down lever eliminating the clumsy trigger guard takedown.

i woul strongly recomend checking out the thunder series.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #6

Default LCP Raspberry

wicat3: Sir, after a year, Ruger LCP, without any issues. 'Raspberry'' of course

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Headed to Cabelas today to pick up my new LCP. I was thinking they were a little to cheaply made for me, but I just couldn't pass up the price that it was on sale for. So maybe I'll end up with something different in a few months if I don't like it, and my wife will get the LCP for her purse.

I'll post a range report ASAP.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll chime in again regarding the 10-rd. ProMag for LCP... I really like it... carry it that way IWB. The extra 4 rds. and the resulting full grip give me comfort.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Last edited by Alchemist; 03-10-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default can't beat a Bersa

I agree with JonM I"ve had my BT.380 for about 3 years and she's never had a problem makes for a very dependable cc and I think they are cool looking as well here's mine

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 03-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #10

Well ive always liked the lcp since they started coming out. I just started looking into the bersas and i like them. Always been a fan of the ppk series so mabe ill go that way. Im going to cabelas to look and potentially buy. Anyone know if they sell the bersa thunders there.