Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .380 Auto VS .22 Magnum Revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'm actually interested in a 380 now thanks for NGIB....never liked the small autos until I held a sig P238. A mini 1911 got my attention.
You will be more impressed when you shoot it, I'm sure. I've defended the 22 Magnum here because I think it gets a bad rap, not because I don't like the .380. As a matter of fact, if I needed a firearm in the next few hours, a .380 is what it would have to be. My Star .380 is not always my primary carry weapon as it is right now, but it is definitely one of my favorite to shoot. And, properly loaded, I'm confident in its capabilities. Hell, even a light load is not something I'd want to be on the receiving end of. Bottom line is that I had the choice today of the .380 or .22 Magnum and I chose the .380, but my choice was only somewhat dictated by ballistics. My familiarity and comfort with the gun was a factor as well. The choice is a personal one for all of us, and I think either can be fine.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I have a AMT Automag long slide in 22mag and it is a lot of fun to shoot and can do some damage.

I don't know of any 22 mag compact pistols that would work for carry, I expect there might be some, just none I'm aware of.
I still have my old AMT .22LR "lightning" somewhere; it was lots of fun for the plinking & occasional squirrel disposal on the DL.

North American Arms These guys make a .22WMR revolver for pocket carry; i don't think i could keep a handle on most of them, but they do make one with an interesting handle/holster/beltclip thingy: North American Arms (near the bottom "Magnum Holster Grip").

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #33

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I still have my old AMT .22LR "lightning" somewhere; it was lots of fun for the plinking & occasional squirrel disposal on the DL.

North American Arms These guys make a .22WMR revolver for pocket carry; i don't think i could keep a handle on most of them, but they do make one with an interesting handle/holster/beltclip thingy: North American Arms (near the bottom "Magnum Holster Grip").
Has anyone seen one of these carry holster/wallets for the NAA mini revolvers?
s4010076.jpg