.380 - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

.380


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 461
Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I've been considering getting a pocket .380. I have a Para Warthog that fits in a pocket, but it is kinda chubby, and hard to conceal. Does anybody have experience with a Taurus 738-TCP?
Taurus TCP was the worst gun I ever owned. It did everything bad that a gun can do - and often ... and for friends who borrowed... Failure to feed, failure to fire, stovepiping, ejected casings directly back into your face, and had the stiffest recoil of any gun I've owned. Sold and replaced with a Ruger LCP -- never had a failure with it yet, and softer recoil (though not soft, by any means). Love the long trigger pull - that is the "revolver" safety.

Sig 238 - I like... won't own. It is larger - my LCP carries perfectly in back pocket holster - but major difference deal breaker for me - A Safety! To carry it chambered - with it's much shorter trigger pull - you must rely on a safety. I won't do that. I won't risk a safety being knocked off - or inadvertently not put on. Or forgotten to take off in the panic of a possible use.
Will the Sig shoot easier than an LCP? Of course. It is heavier. Does that matter? How many times do you need to shoot in a self defense concealed carry situation? A bunch? Nope. A couple shots... maybe ... and close up (it is concealed carry after all - the laws require imminent personal threat of death - that is not long distance - that is close-up) Can the LCP do that? Yup. Very well!
Me... I carry what I will actually carry and use.

I'd like a Sig - just to shoot. But I'm afraid that's all it would be for. I would not carry that gun as a personal self defense weapon, I'm afraid.
Just me...
Colby is offline  
ScottA Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,586
Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Taurus TCP was the worst gun I ever owned. It did everything bad that a gun can do - and often ... and for friends who borrowed... Failure to feed, failure to fire, stovepiping, ejected casings directly back into your face, and had the stiffest recoil of any gun I've owned. Sold and replaced with a Ruger LCP -- never had a failure with it yet, and softer recoil (though not soft, by any means). Love the long trigger pull - that is the "revolver" safety.

Sig 238 - I like... won't own. It is larger - my LCP carries perfectly in back pocket holster - but major difference deal breaker for me - A Safety! To carry it chambered - with it's much shorter trigger pull - you must rely on a safety. I won't do that. I won't risk a safety being knocked off - or inadvertently not put on. Or forgotten to take off in the panic of a possible use.
Will the Sig shoot easier than an LCP? Of course. It is heavier. Does that matter? How many times do you need to shoot in a self defense concealed carry situation? A bunch? Nope. A couple shots... maybe ... and close up (it is concealed carry after all - the laws require imminent personal threat of death - that is not long distance - that is close-up) Can the LCP do that? Yup. Very well!
Me... I carry what I will actually carry and use.

I'd like a Sig - just to shoot. But I'm afraid that's all it would be for. I would not carry that gun as a personal self defense weapon, I'm afraid.
Just me...
Thanks for the info.
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 159
Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

Default

Bersa Thunder .380 I have shot 500 flawless rounds thru mine.
cluznar is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,721
Liked 2485 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
Bersa Thunder .380 I have shot 500 flawless rounds thru mine.
How big are y'all's pockets. I thought the OP asked about a pocket gun, and I keep seeing the Bersa recommended. I think they are great .380s for the money, but I don't put it in "pocket class", unless we are talking coat pockets. But, when I think of pocket carry I think about a gun that will fit in my shorts pockets, jeans pockets, slacks, etc. and still go unnoticed.

So I think in terms of the LCP, P3AT, Sig238, and really small guns.

Maybe I'm off base.
SSGN_Doc is offline  
Threetango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 124
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

When it comes to pocket guns everyone has to make their own decisions and hope if the time ever comes to have to use it their choice is the right one. I carried a Sig-238 in my pocket, just like I carry my 1911, cocked and locked. I carried the Sig for over 2 years and never once had the safety disengage. Even if it the safety was disengaged the trigger still has to be pulled, not likely in a pocket carrying only the handgun. I no longer carry the 238 because I now carry it's twin in 9mm the Sig-938. If I ever have to draw my Sig whether they are up close or 15 yards away, shot placement is not going to be a problem and I know the gun is going to be capable of emptying the magazine. Ask a gunsmith, people that know guns, and they will tell you the Sig is the best pocket pistol available to date. However, I realize to get a Sig-938 you are talking twice the price, but I feel if a carry handgun I am betting my life on it.
Dragonheart is offline  
Threetango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #46
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Threetango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina, a gun friendly state.
Posts: 3,321
Liked 6297 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1787

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
How big are y'all's pockets. I thought the OP asked about a pocket gun, and I keep seeing the Bersa recommended. I think they are great .380s for the money, but I don't put it in "pocket class", unless we are talking coat pockets. But, when I think of pocket carry I think about a gun that will fit in my shorts pockets, jeans pockets, slacks, etc. and still go unnoticed.

So I think in terms of the LCP, P3AT, Sig238, and really small guns.

Maybe I'm off base.
No man, you're spot on !
__________________
NSDQ
Expect the unexpected, and whenever possible BE the unexpected!
__________________
Threetango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my favorite 380 is the bersa thunder plus 15+1

for extreme discrete carry ruger lcp
...because in .380...you'll need em ALL!
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,768
Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

How big are y'all's pockets. I thought the OP asked about a pocket gun, and I keep seeing the Bersa recommended. I think they are great .380s for the money, but I don't put it in "pocket class", unless we are talking coat pockets. But, when I think of pocket carry I think about a gun that will fit in my shorts pockets, jeans pockets, slacks, etc. and still go unnoticed.

So I think in terms of the LCP, P3AT, Sig238, and really small guns.

Maybe I'm off base.
The full size Bersa Thunder is too big for pocket carry, but the Bersa Thunder .380cc is small enough. Both good guns.
kryptar19 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Alpha1Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 684
Liked 123 Times on 78 Posts

Default

I love my sig p238! This is a great little gun. Feels great in the hands and shoots very accuratly.
guns.jpg  
Alpha1Victor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads