.380 or 45 ACP - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .380 or 45 ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post
Well I went ahead and got the little LCP, my neighbor loaned me some shells to test it out and boy does that have a bark. I have to say that it is a loud snappy little thing. While I was out getting it I was looking at the Kimber's that they had in the case, I think that I may end up getting one of those very soon. They gave me a Kimber brochure to look through, I know that I want a S.S. in a 45 with the tactical rail.
Isn't that noise something? My .380 has about 1/4" less barrel, and it's not uncommon for folks in the adjoining lanes to peek around the partition and ask "What the Hell are you shooting?!" Mouseguns are not a pleasure to shoot, but great to have. Congrats!

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8852 Times on 3833 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

FWIW, I just recd a very nice performance bonus, and have been gun shopping for a few days. Have been in 5 VERY large shops. One of them has about 7 counter staff in the gun section. As of this afternoon, they have ZERO .380 in the whole shop. Another shop with 4 counter staff has 4 boxes of .380 in the whole shop. Me, am not shopping for a .380. Without ammo, it is a poorly shaped club.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:10 AM   #23

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I have started loading my own 380. I find brass laying on the ground at the ranges. But, I have never seen a box of hollow points in any store in my town.

I mean loaded hollow points. I buy bullets with no problem. Just not loaded ammo.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #24
TOF

A friend purchased an LCP 7 or 8 months back. It took 3 months for him to find 100 rounds at $1.00 per. I helped him burn those and he hasn't found any more.

I don't like the LCP and think a brick would be as or possibly more effective.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #25

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I've had a Sig P230 for years. I bought 800 rounds some years ago, but have also started reloading for .380. Still have 500 of the original lot.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

You probably won't be happy until you own the .45. Frankly, you might as well just go ahead and bite the bullet and get something on the order of the Kimber Ultra Carry II. They are great guns, fun to shoot and accurate.
Mine goes everywhere with me now and the others hang out in the gun safe.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I"ve been able to find .380 at Cabelas recently. Paid about 18.95 for 50 rounds. Bought 5 boxes and have 2.5 left. Back order right now but I believe they can be found online. I did buy one locally about 2 months ago and I think I paid almost 35.00 for that one...

Old 03-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #28

I just bought 500 rounds at Cabela's for $150.00 So I think I should be set for a while. The ammo shortage for the 380 did make me think twice about buying the pistol.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post
I just bought 500 rounds at Cabela's for $150.00 So I think I should be set for a while. The ammo shortage for the 380 did make me think twice about buying the pistol.
Congrats on finding that ammo for that price. I've got 800 rounds in my inventory and I'm afraid to use it.
Jack

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 03-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I have an LCP and like it. Yeah, it has some recoil. But it is nothing that you can't handle. It is not a gun that you take to the range and run a couple of boxes of ammo through. You shoot it enough to get the feel of it and make sure it is reliable with the ammo you choose. The LCP was made to shoot a little and carry a lot. About the only time I don't carry mine is when I have to go through a metal detector. I drop it in my pocket and it disappears. It is so light and thin that most of the time I can't tell that it is in my pocket.

One thing I like about it is if a stranger approaches me or if anything raises my suspicions, I can casually stick my hand in my pocket and have it instantly ready if needed.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.