Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 357/380?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinball View Post
Also keep in mind that once things head in the right direction I will be carrying a different primary making this my back up weapon.
I based most of my response on this quote from the OP's post. Personally, I have little faith in Taurus products. I've owned 2 of the Bersa's and they are reliable and accurate guns - they make a nice backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugermatt
wow, are in a war zone with that extra mag in your belt? 5 shots of .38 is enough to protect yourself from a bad situation in my opinion. i do have a speed loader in the truck just because. most gun fights are only a couple shots, and a .380 just don't have enough umgh for me.
Lots of opinions in this post. If nobody needs more than 5 shots, I doubt we'd need all the high capacity semi-autos currently being sold and carried. As far as most gun fights being a couple of shots - can't say as I've never been in one. I do know I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #12

that is a really good comparison robocop, it really sums it up. Taurus i think is just cheaper copycats of better guns also.

Last edited by rugermatt; 07-26-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'd keep the .357. >380 is way too expensive for what it is and I have no confidence in it. Robo summed the comparison up nicely.

Spittinfire also mentioned bianchi speed strips, much easier to carry than speedloaders.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I'll throw my 2cents in and recommend that you hold off on any purchase or trade in that realm and save up some cash for a "permanent" gun. . .

Go for something that you'll have (or could have) forever and be damn proud to show off and feel warm and fuzzy when you put it on in the morning.

Newest Threads