.357 & .38 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .357 & .38

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 03:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolshark13 View Post
i went to the range earlier and tried some .38 special through my mag. all the kick from the mag disappeared. makes me wonder, whats the point of a .357 mag at the range, over a good .38?
Practice for the times you may need to defend yourself with the weapon

At one of the classes I took, they had us load .38s and shoot, then .357s and shoot: big difference, but they say the .357 does much more damage. The instructor's point was to be aware of the difference and be ready for whatever you're going to use in defending yourself.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:18 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If we talk self defence in the senerio of one's own home, or in defence of life and property in the US in a domestic context you will find 38 special a good choice, there is a variety of good ammunition, low recoil and furthermore you enjoy shooting the revolver, if you enjoy shooting it, it follows that you will practice more. Once your basics are established you then can more toward the odd practice session with 357.

You can do enough 'damage' trust me with a 38 special in order to defend yourself, the arguement and myth of 'stopping power' will rage on. But there are other factors just as important, training, accurancy and confidence. You have made a good choice...............