Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .320 cal derringer???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Default .320 cal derringer???

Got this little side by side Rossi in a hand me down group. Never paid much attention to it but I recently came across it again and was thinking I would like to shoot it.
Problem is, I can't find much info or a manufacture for ammo. I know it's a Rossi, says .320 cal and is pretty simple in operation but doesn't seem like it's going to fall apart. I know they were popular down south but everyone I have talked to says the .22lr versions were the only ones up for US import.

So what do I have? I'm pretty sure it's worthless, and if I can't get ammo it's a trash gun for me. I'd like to find something for it but I'm not willing to stuff a .32acp in the hole either.

Any thoughts? Anyone seen, own or shot one?

image-2293134342.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8329 Times on 3601 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

DO NOT STUFF A .32 ACP IN THAT THING!!!

Otherwise, monkeys at the zoo will taunt you for your lack of an opposable thumb!

There was a European .320 Revolver cartridge, which happens to be the same as a .32 Short Colt. NOT a .32 S&W.

Have a smith check it over- but I would not shoot it with anything. Rossi has gotten better at quality, but made some REALLY punk stuff in the early days, suitable for very low power black powder type pressures. Would be a great gun to put in a shadow box with a Royal Flush- after removing firing pin.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #3

Liked 696 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Look at this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrucha_%28pistol%29
Sounds like what you have.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 AM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Yeah I'm not a fan of stuffing anything in any gun other than what is stamped on the barrel, so that goes without saying.

I thought about the short colt, maybe. I'm not a real fan of hanging a gun on a wall...

That's too bad, it would make an awesome snake gun if I could load some shot...