.25 Titan - Questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .25 Titan - Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .25 Titan - Questions

Not sure whether to put this in the Semi Auto sub forum or here, so please move it if needed!
I have a Titan .25, never shot it (was my dad's) and was just curious about it. I've googled and read some forum posts about them, haven't read anything bad yet, but would like input from those in this forum. This one has gold slide, hammer, trigger and gold "clip" at the bottom of magazine well. (Apologies, still learning my vocab, what is the correct term for that?) with the "scrimshawed rose on ivory polymer hand grips" (Sorry, don't have means of getting pic on here) So, safe to shoot, decent gun? I don't have a clip for it and what I am reading is parts are hard to find... My hands are small but the grip is short and it doesn't feel very comfy in my hand, especially with the slick smooth grips on it. Any opinions are welcome. Thank you for your time as always

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I am unfamiliar. Don't fire it just yet, can you post some pix?

I'm curious now.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The FIE Titan was imported through the early 90's and was a serviceable .25 pistol. The standard Titan had a wholesale price of about $30 in 1990.

For parts, try Numrich (Gun Parts Corp).

Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 AM   #4

Likes Given: 1

I second Numrich ( E-GUNPARTS.COM), I got my Titan "magazine" from them for about $30. Mine functions perfectly but don't expect steller accuracy as it is a 25 cal vest gun. Fun little piece though.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The Titan was one of the better cheap, sometimes called Saturday Night Specials, little .25 autos. But it was and is a cheap gun. It does not have the quality of any of the major brands like S & W, Colt, Ruger, etc. But for someone who couldn't afford a more expensive gun and wouldn't shoot it a whole lot, it was and is a serviceable gun.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #6

This is a very horrible picture of the .25 but should give a good enough idea, Benning Boy (I'm really bad with disposables):

Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Definitely have a gunsmith look it over, but it's pretty nice from what we can see. Ammo can be a little hard to find sometimes.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #8

Default FIE Titan .25

I too have this FIE .25 with the gold slide,and rose inscribed on the handle. Its in perfect condition, but have no idea what its worth, anyone out there that can help me?? Very nice pocket gun.
Rowdy

Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #9

Ah! Been away for a long time, have a decent camera now to show you a better picture of this .25 if anyone is still interested in seeing a not horrible picture of it. I have not fired it yet but have got a clip and ammo for it. I am thinking of talking to a local gun range soon to see if I can fire it there, I'm not sure. Rowdy, I am betting they won't go for much at all. Here ya go:

Old 04-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #10

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 725

Anything w/ the Titan name is not worth much. I bought this .38sp years ago for $65.00. It has papers to show the internal indexing mechanism was upgraded. They had a nasty habit of not indexing correctly and the shooter would loose a finger or 2. It is still a Titan Tiger. Heavy, fairly accurate, but a good oh Sh!t gun. The original Saturday night special.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 04-24-2011 at 02:35 AM.