.22lr ar-15 pistols
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .22lr ar-15 pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default .22lr ar-15 pistols

Anyone have one? What brand? I've been looking at them a lot lately and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on them. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7
Anyone have one? What brand? I've been looking at them a lot lately and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on them. Thanks
You mean AR-15 styled RIFLES chambered in 22lr? I'e got a Mossberg 715T and I love it. I'm sure the higher-end brands might feel more realistic and/or look better, but I didn't buy mine for a realistic look and feel. I didn't want it for a test weapon, I never plan on wasting my money on an AR-15 or anything of the sort, because I don't need or want one. Ammo too expensive and I don't hunt. Mine shoots tight groups, has never had a failure and is the funnest thing I've ever handled. Also, I'm taking it in to have a selective trigger added to it soon. Will be single shot semi, 3 shot burst, and full auto... can't wait!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

You mean AR-15 styled RIFLES chambered in 22lr? I'e got a Mossberg 715T and I love it. I'm sure the higher-end brands might feel more realistic and/or look better, but I didn't buy mine for a realistic look and feel. I didn't want it for a test weapon, I never plan on wasting my money on an AR-15 or anything of the sort, because I don't need or want one. Ammo too expensive and I don't hunt. Mine shoots tight groups, has never had a failure and is the funnest thing I've ever handled. Also, I'm taking it in to have a selective trigger added to it soon. Will be single shot semi, 3 shot burst, and full auto... can't wait!!!!!!!
No I mean pistols haha. Some brands have short barreled models with no stock that are considered a handgun. Smith and wesson mp 15-22p and umarex HK 416 pistol version are two that I know of.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #4

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7

No I mean pistols haha. Some brands have short barreled models with no stock that are considered a handgun. Smith and wesson mp 15-22p and umarex HK 416 pistol version are two that I know of.
Hmmmm. Odd buy okay.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I can speak for the M&P 15-22 RIFLE version which is likely the base for the pistol since it would be damn easy to modify; it is fast and reliable and likes to eat GOOD ammunition. If you really want to get exotic, there is a UZI .22 pistol available with all the characteristics of the famous original. I'm not sure of the manufacturer or distributor, but a quick Google should find it for you. That should be much cooler than an AR type!

"History teaches that war begins when nations believe that the price of aggression is cheap." - Ronald Reagan

Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #6

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

I know they stopped making the m&p one because it WAS too easy to modify. People were sticking barrels an stocks on em with ease I guess.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock
I know they stopped making the m&p one because it WAS too easy to modify. People were sticking barrels an stocks on em with ease I guess.
Thank you sir