Which .22 Pistol? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which .22 Pistol?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
This is potentially true of "anything" used. Just use your common sense and ask for some sort of WRITTEN money-back or exchange guarantee.
Thanks Mark... Alas, no warranty is available. It's under $200 for the weapon though, so would be a great deal if the gun is in sound condition.

What I looking for was P22 specific things to look for... I don't know much about them outside of what I've read here and on some other reviews, but those don't say much about what wears down.

For example, on my other pistols I can take a peek at the barrel landings and grooves, bulges in the barrel, check the striker pin, etc.. I even hear about folks using a micrometer to check for bulges in the chamber. For the Glock there are also serial number databases so it's fairly simple to get a rough estimate of age.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
Thanks Mark... Alas, no warranty is available. It's under $200 for the weapon though, so would be a great deal if the gun is in sound condition.

What I looking for was P22 specific things to look for... I don't know much about them outside of what I've read here and on some other reviews, but those don't say much about what wears down.

For example, on my other pistols I can take a peek at the barrel landings and grooves, bulges in the barrel, check the striker pin, etc.. I even hear about folks using a micrometer to check for bulges in the chamber. For the Glock there are also serial number databases so it's fairly simple to get a rough estimate of age.
With a .22 autoloader, a good visual inspection will pretty much tell you about the gun. Work the slide, cycle some snap-caps through it, and test the trigger & listen to the striker and finally, look down the barrel. If you like what you see... then buy it.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #53

my old man has a walter p22 and its a great gun, put 300 rounds down range first time out without one hickup

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Picked up the Walther

Just got it home today.. Haven't fired it yet, but doing a general cleaning and familiarization.

Alas, it's apparently missing a re-assembly tool; there's supposed to be a plastic rod to assist with guiding the spring. I used a metal tent spike, but still took a bit before I could get it everything back together. :/ I'm going to spend the next couple hours pulling it down and putting it back.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I've heard alot of guys use a wooden dowel a little longer than the standard rod.