.22 for my son - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .22 for my son

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #31
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2381 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
Personally.... I would buy either the Ruger LCR .22 or the SR22. Both feel good in my hands. But I would take him to hold a few and see what he likes. After all, it's his gun lol
I'd stay away from the LCR 22. That extremely short site radius will make it much harder to shoot accurately and a no fun plinking gun.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #32

First off, I am new to this thing and have been doing a ton of reading. There is so much info here, and just want to say thanx to everyone. Now on subject, my step father first put a gun in my hands when I was 8 yrs old. 22 rifle, but the first time he let me start shooting his pistol was when I was 11. We didnt have a lot of money, so he never baught me a gun. In the same manner, I gave my son his first gun when he was 8, 22 cricket. When he turned 10 I let him shoot my 45 compact for his birthday. A little much, but he handled a couple rounds. I myself am interested in buying him a handgun of his own. He is now 13, extremely responsible with weapons, and has fired a few different types of guns quite a bit. I do a lot of shooting, and its only him and I, so he is always with me. Its all about knowing whether or not your child is mature enough to handle the responsability.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #33

Liked 2059 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

My son is 13. He has been shooting my Ruger 22/45 for several years. It is his favorite pistol. He is able to shoot any of my guns including my 1911. But the 22/45 is the pistol he started with after he was good with a rifle.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.