.22 LR Pistols - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > .22 LR Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm not a very experienced shooter, I've hunted for years but I only started to get seriously into handguns in the past four or five months, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

The first pistol I bought was a Ruger Mark III (a 22/45 model), it was very accurate and felt great in my hands. However, cleaning it up was not something I enjoyed. I never really got used to the disassembly system. Most of my self defense weapons are revolvers, and semi-autos in which the first shot is double action (I've sold most of the semi-autos, though) so the trigger on the Mark III was not ideal for the kind of practice I needed.

So I used all these nice excuses to get a .22 revolver. It suits my training needs better than the Mark III and I enjoy cleaning it.

Don't get me wrong, the Ruger is an excellent pistol, it's just not what I needed.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I have 2 22 pistols. A Ruger MkII (Best of their line) and a Beretta Neos. The neos set me back $200 it is a bit futureistic looking but it is a blast to shoot and so simple a cave man can do it in the care and cleaning department.

I love both of mine. When I bought the neos I looked at must have been 20 different pistols. I looked at the smith 22a didn't like the location of the mag release and was too small for my hand. Tried the ruger 22/45 MkIII that felt like a sharp cornered piece of wood in my hand. I love the feel of Brownings Buckmark but the one I liked was out of the price range for me at the time. I dislike the walthers because of the trigger on them.

Look around and find one you like. To me the 22/45 didn't feel at all like my Kimber at all.

If you want to go the revolver way I would look at a Smith Model 17 or 617 the 17 is older and has a partial underlug and is only 6 shots. The 617 is a full underlug and is 6 or 10 shots. My m 17 smith would out shoot many rifles at 50 yards.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #13

I have a Taurus 9701 tracker revolver. very fun and very accurate. It has a long heavy barrel which helps accuracy. They are not to expensive either.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Around here .380 prices are absurdly lower than 9mm which is good for me cause I prefer the .380 over 9mm.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I have a Walther P22 and love it. Its great to train on because it has a slide, unlike other 22lr target pistols (nothing wrong with that though). It does take a couple hundred rounds to wear it in, but after that its very accurate. Simple take-down and easy to clean. Assembly is a little tricky but easy if you read the manual.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I've got the Ruger Mark III and it's an excellent gun. In a slightly lower price range, the SW 22A-1 is a good 22 pistol. My son has the Beretta NEOS and it's never failed to digest whatever he fed it. That one's the least expensive of the three.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #17

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have a Walther PP in .22lr and it's fun to shoot and is useful to practice besides it's cheap

P.D If any of you have or knows where to buy a Walther PP in .22lr mags please, I need one at least...

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #18

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
If any of you have or knows where to buy a Walther PP in .22lr mags please, I need one at least...
Try here:

Walther

Magazine

Walther P22 22LR Magazine, Finger Rest, Blued, 10rd

P22 Standard .22LR SS Magazine by Walther - Mfg # WAF22000 - Magazines & Loaders

walther p22 22lr 10rd w/rest stsmag

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Thanks

Sorry Cane, those are Walther P22 mags, I need por Walther PP in .22lr... the Walther P22 it's the .22lr version of the modern P99, mine is the very older PP, a larger version of the PPK. Thanks anyway...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE