1st pistol advice - Sig, FNX, XD(M)... - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 1st pistol advice - Sig, FNX, XD(M)...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #61
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127 View Post
I have an XD 9mm Sub-compact that i love my dad is lefty and he likes it aswell.are you seriously interested in CC?or are you more interested in home defense or just a plinker?for CC the XD(M) is a good gun but a little large you might like the subcompact better....for home defense nothing really beats a 12ga pump shotgun.if just a plinker then go to a well stocked range and spend some money renting and shooting different gun until you find that one gun that "just feels right"
Right now, range, defense, after yesterday SHTF, and maybe do some IDPA down the road. Need to take some more advanced training classes first. With the right instructor, they are just too much fun, and invaluable!

Taking the UT, AZ, WI and FL CCW class next month, awaiting IL to get out of the stone-age so we can start shooting the bad guys rather than being political cannon fodder. Hopefully by then we'll have some direction in IL, but I'll apply for UT, AZ and WI (I'm near WI and travel there). No rush to CC, but was going to go back and shoot a number of guns again when I get some $$$ saved back up. Being lefty does require some testing for sure. Looking forward to trying the P227 Carry.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm a left hand shooter also. Most it's no problem with ejection. The few that did a slight tilt sent it somewhere besides my forehead. Most the Sigs and FN pistols I've shot really sling brass so it was not a problem.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson