1st pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 1st pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default 1st pistol

To help out my brother, I just got my brother's Kel-Tec PF-9. Havent fired it yet. I got the Uncle Mike's size 12 IWB holster for it. I was hoping my first would have been a 1911, but helping blood comes first. It could probably be my BUG when I finially get my carry piece. What do you guys think of it? Got it for $225. As far as the holster I went as cheap as I could, if it was a 1911 though I'd be getting a CrossBreed.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I got a PF9 for my wife about a year ago. She hates it, every time she fires it she releasees the magazine. I love it, weighs nothing, works flawlessly, fits in my vest pocket almost unnoticeably, has become my constant companion when going into town. Is it my preferred weapon for venturing into harms way? No, but my 12 gauge tends to chafe in a hip holster, and carrying it through Home Depot at port arms seems so showy. If I needed a handgun I'd rather have my Kimber, but it's just harder to carry. I guess, love the one you're with.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #3

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Thanx freefall. It is light, but I heard it snaps back alot. I'll see when I shoot it. What Ive been looking at for my EDC is the Taurus PT1911 w/rail. This would become my everything gun. It would be my carry .45 in a crossbreed. My bed/home defense gun with a laser/light. My range gun with a Marvel .22 conversion kit. And it would become my hunting pistol, or hunting BUG with the much revered .460 Rowland kit from Clark's.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945