Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 1st Handgun??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
What was your 1st handgun you ever owned and how did that experience manifest what you shoot today??

My 1st was a Full size brushed chrome .40S&W baby eagle that weighs a ton, but shoots straight as hell.

I now prefer the SA over DA that my 1911's offer. (think it has to do with the same pull/poundage every shot) Plus ive never held a gun that felt as if it were a part of my hand right out the box. I prefer an aluminium frame, but have owned both. Unlike other things in life(cars, electronics) I prefer american arms to their foreign counterparts as we make them very well. Im also young(29), but oldschool in thought as I have not crossed over into the world of synthetic/polymer pieces as of yet. Although I have shot many and in the market for a Sig/Hk .(Might catch some flack, But I hate GLOCK!!!!!) Look forward to conversing with you all and contributing to this site.....Harry
Sig p228 .40sw and I agree with you 100% I own plenty of h&k's and one sig they can't be beat don't like gooks either

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I had access to my Father's 1911 and S&W Chiefs Special in my early years. I guess you could say that I came to view those guns as mine, or at the very least, ours. The very first gun that I bought and paid for with my hard earned money was a Colt Python, blue 4". In a moment of youthful stupidity I traded that gun away.
Dad, still has his 1911 and S&W, and I have several also. I always check out the used revolvers when I go into the gun store, I may never get that Python back, but I will get one, and then the family will be reunited.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Last edited by Flint Rock; 05-25-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

My first handgun was a Smith and Wesson Model 17 K22 masterpiece with a 8 3/8" barrel target trigger and target hammer and microclick adjustable sights. This pistol was dead nuts accurate and was as smooth as a greesed pig at the county fair.

Right now i do not own a revolver but I soon will replace that smith with the same exact pistol. I have a love of all types of pistols and weould love to own many different types versions and finishes.

There are very few pistols I would not like to have sitting in the safe. Just the cheap junk and the Desert Eagle.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

my first was a walther ppk/s in .380. my two current favorites are my .357 s&w and my sig p226. personally i am more comforable with revolvers, even though i have 3 semi autos compared to my 2 revolvers. i just love the reliability of a revolver. when i get my ccw next year, i am looking into more revolvers than semi-autos to carry, though i will carry both depending on the day.