Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   1911A1 for 300 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/1911a1-300-a-80957/)

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2013 01:09 AM

1911A1 for 300

I just about pulled the trigger on this, then I realized, I really do love my Firestar so much better than any 1911 could touch.

Still, for anyone looking for a quality 1911A1 in used conditions from slight to extreme... All Springs and mags replaced.

Sarco Inc.

400 for good
350 for okay
300 for major wear markings

http://e-sarcoinc.com/colt1911a11930original-bestgrade-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

SSGN_Doc 01-11-2013 02:57 AM

Unfortunately the Ballester Molina is not a true 1911A1. It does not have the same trigger and grip safety as the Browning designed Colt. It gets kind of confusing too, because Argentina did have a contract with Colt and ultimately got liscence from Colt to build a 1911A1 model of their own, but it is the model 1927 also known as the " Colt 1927 Sistema".

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2013 02:59 AM

Interesting. Well to me 1911 will always be an overall design and function. Although grip safety should be mandatory on a full size especially. Good info.

Although I actually like the looks of this trigger, appears to be a shorter pull which I'm all about!

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2013 03:12 AM

[quote="SSGN_Doc;1088912"]Unfortunately the Ballester Molina is not a true 1911A1. It does not have the same trigger and grip safety as the Browning designed Colt. It gets kind of confusing too, because Argentina did have a contract with Colt and ultimately got liscence from Colt to build a 1911A1 model of their own, but it is the model 1927 also known as the " Colt

can't believe I missed the safety grip being gone

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1088912)
Unfortunately the Ballester Molina is not a true 1911A1. It does not have the same trigger and grip safety as the Browning designed Colt. It gets kind of confusing too, because Argentina did have a contract with Colt and ultimately got liscence from Colt to build a 1911A1 model of their own, but it is the model 1927 also known as the " Colt 1927 Sistema".

And Doc, for whatever is worth, I truly value and appreciate your presence and contributions to this forum. You always have something worthwhile and informative to say and do so in a specific, objective way. Thanks again for the education.

SSGN_Doc 01-11-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1088932)
And Doc, for whatever is worth, I truly value and appreciate your presence and contributions to this forum. You always have something worthwhile and informative to say and do so in a specific, objective way. Thanks again for the education.

Thanks. I've been around forums for a while. I will admit that I don't know everything, but after about 33 years of being a gun enthusiast and shooter I hope I have acquired some lessons that I can pass on to keep folks from learning the hard way.

Some folks get on forums just to tick some folks off, stir the pot or tout their personal favorites as the only option. I don't think I have a lot of time for that sort of thing, and figure a lot of folks don't want their time wasted with "keyboard courage" and petty name calling fights. I try to avoid personal attacks and just keep things experience or resource based. I tend to get frustrated over repeated myths that form on the internet and try to point back to facts that can be demonstrated in a repeatable fashion.

I have formed some strong opinions on some things, based on my own experiences though, but also try to appreciate the fact that others have also formed strong opinions, based on their experience. Not everyone will agree on subjective things like grip angles, action types, safeties, etc. And that is fine. Some folks will take advice, weigh it and make their own decisions. Some folks just have to learn on their own. It keeps the forums interesting.

I wish there were such good sources of compiled information as what we enjoy today, when I was trying to research my earliest gun, ammo, and accessory purchases. It might have saved me some money and frustration form trying "bargains" that turned out to be junk.

There seems to be a pretty good core of knowledgable folks on this site, who seem to keep a focus on facts and experience. It's why I keep coming back here.

SSGN_Doc 01-11-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1088918)
Interesting. Well to me 1911 will always be an overall design and function. Although grip safety should be mandatory on a full size especially. Good info.

Although I actually like the looks of this trigger, appears to be a shorter pull which I'm all about!

The trigger on the Ballester is on a pivot pin, instead of sliding straight back like a Colt. So some parts on a Ballester afe not compatible with a Colt 1911. The Sistema was actually built on Colt equipment to the exact dimensions as the Colt's in Hartford, CT. So parts will interchange with a 1927 Sistema and a Colt 1911A1.