Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 1911 issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

I know the answers will very but what's the best clips for 1911s I'd like to hear anything anybody has to say

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 07-02-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Using the term "clip" interchangeably with the term "magazine" demonstrates your limited knowledge on firearms.

And to answer the question, there are no clips designed for usage on the 1911 platform handgun.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #3

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Way to answer the guys question even though he used the wrong term. Nice hospitality in here!!! you knew what he was talking about, just let him know about the terms. Also, at least you could of gave him some options!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #4

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Way to answer the guys question even though he used the wrong term. Nice hospitality in here!!! you knew what he was talking about, just let him know about the terms. Also, at least you could of gave him some options!!!
I assume you didn't since you didn't

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I like wilson combat magazines, their a better quality magazine than most on the market.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Oh yeah, here we go again. Of course he knew what the guy was talking about. Why do people have to be so arrogant and rude over these petty issues? Just inform the person what the proper term is and let it go! People join these forums for the information, not to be belittled and insulted.

Of all the 1911 magazines I have tried I like the ones made by Wilson Combat the best.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

There are many discussions in the 1911 section on magazines for the 1911. Generally you get what you pay for, start with chip mcormick then wilson combat. The best out there by far from people who have tried them like myself are tripps cobra mags.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Oh yeah, here we go again. Of course he knew what the guy was talking about. Why do people have to be so arrogant and rude over these petty issues? Just inform the person what the proper term is and let it go! People join these forums for the information, not to be belittled and insulted.
Exactly this. When I first joined here I knew next to nothing about guns. I asked a million very basic questions and was treated with kindness and patience. Let's do the same for all. I am deleting the rude answers in this thread.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 07-02-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I know the answers will very but what's the best clips for 1911s I'd like to hear anything anybody has to say
The OP knew the answer already.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Winds!

You are absolutely correct. There are those who have just came on board with us here on the FTF in order to learn about their new found interest in firearms or renewing a past interest for the sport, shooting and weapons. We all learn form being a member here. And for some of us one of the main reason we are here is also to educate and assist the new folks here and the ones joining in the future. Not that we know it all, but we need to pass along what ever little we do know. Politeness is a key and education is our goal. They are the voters and promoters of tomorrow to pass on and protect our Second Amendment and preserve the sport. I am sure some do not intend come across as they do. But since we can not look the person in the eye revealing our intent of joking, kidding or being direct we should use a little caution. Words/text are sometimes more direct than we intend them to be. I am guilty of some of this myself especialy when it comes to the present views of the political climate in the USA. There are great people here and great people joining us!

God Bless America!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

trex1310 Likes This