Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   1911 issues (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/1911-issues-67460/)

gearhead396 07-02-2012 03:34 AM

I know the answers will very but what's the best clips for 1911s I'd like to hear anything anybody has to say

danf_fl 07-02-2012 12:42 PM

Using the term "clip" interchangeably with the term "magazine" demonstrates your limited knowledge on firearms.

And to answer the question, there are no clips designed for usage on the 1911 platform handgun.

Fathead00 07-02-2012 12:49 PM

Way to answer the guys question even though he used the wrong term. Nice hospitality in here!!!:) you knew what he was talking about, just let him know about the terms. Also, at least you could of gave him some options!!!

HOSSFLY 07-02-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 856312)
Way to answer the guys question even though he used the wrong term. Nice hospitality in here!!!:) you knew what he was talking about, just let him know about the terms. Also, at least you could of gave him some options!!!

I assume you didn't since you didn't :confused:

44ablast 07-02-2012 01:08 PM

I like wilson combat magazines, their a better quality magazine than most on the market.

BlueTurf 07-02-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 856312)

Oh yeah, here we go again. Of course he knew what the guy was talking about. Why do people have to be so arrogant and rude over these petty issues? Just inform the person what the proper term is and let it go! People join these forums for the information, not to be belittled and insulted.

Of all the 1911 magazines I have tried I like the ones made by Wilson Combat the best.

ellwood45c 07-02-2012 02:57 PM

There are many discussions in the 1911 section on magazines for the 1911. Generally you get what you pay for, start with chip mcormick then wilson combat. The best out there by far from people who have tried them like myself are tripps cobra mags.

winds-of-change 07-02-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTurf (Post 856353)
Oh yeah, here we go again. Of course he knew what the guy was talking about. Why do people have to be so arrogant and rude over these petty issues? Just inform the person what the proper term is and let it go! People join these forums for the information, not to be belittled and insulted.

Exactly this. When I first joined here I knew next to nothing about guns. I asked a million very basic questions and was treated with kindness and patience. Let's do the same for all. I am deleting the rude answers in this thread.

danf_fl 07-02-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearhead396 (Post 856060)
I know the answers will very but what's the best clips for 1911s I'd like to hear anything anybody has to say

The OP knew the answer already.

Sniper03 07-02-2012 03:22 PM

Winds!

You are absolutely correct. There are those who have just came on board with us here on the FTF in order to learn about their new found interest in firearms or renewing a past interest for the sport, shooting and weapons. We all learn form being a member here. And for some of us one of the main reason we are here is also to educate and assist the new folks here and the ones joining in the future. Not that we know it all, but we need to pass along what ever little we do know. Politeness is a key and education is our goal. They are the voters and promoters of tomorrow to pass on and protect our Second Amendment and preserve the sport. I am sure some do not intend come across as they do. But since we can not look the person in the eye revealing our intent of joking, kidding or being direct we should use a little caution. Words/text are sometimes more direct than we intend them to be. I am guilty of some of this myself especialy when it comes to the present views of the political climate in the USA. There are great people here and great people joining us!:)

God Bless America!