Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   1911 or Glock 22 Conversion Kit?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/1911-glock-22-conversion-kit-87480/)

Stillersfan 03-26-2013 05:31 PM

1911 or Glock 22 Conversion Kit??
 
I carry Kimber Ultra Carry II and switch off to a Glock every once and a while. My question is: Would you go with the 1911 or Glock 22 conversion kit? Cost is the same.

locutus 03-26-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillersfan (Post 1191357)
I carry Kimber Ultra Carry II and switch off to a Glock every once and a while. My question is: Would you go with the 1911 or Glock 22 conversion kit? Cost is the same.

Converting what to what?????

BeyondTheBox 03-26-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1191453)

Converting what to what?????

22 dood, he says it several times. Lol okay twice lol

I think you assume he means a Glock 22. Lol

Oh and I'd go with whichever was easiest to convert or cheapest.

locutus 03-26-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1191476)
22 dood, he says it several times. Lol

I think you assume he means a Glock 22. Lol

Oh and I'd go with whichever was easiest to convert or cheapest.

If that's the case, I'd go with the Kimber. While I'm definitely not a 1911 fan, they are far better target/plinking guns than Glocks, and 22 is a target/plinking calibre

BeyondTheBox 03-26-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1191485)
... and 22 is a target/plinking calibre

Amenski to that brutha! Love me 22lr. Want a 22 short next.

locutus 03-26-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1191495)
Amenski to that brutha! Love me 22lr. Want a 22 short next.


Many years ago, I had a little Beretta in .22 short. I'm not sure if it was good for anything, but it sure was fun to shoot.

BeyondTheBox 03-26-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1191500)

Many years ago, I had a little Beretta in .22 short. I'm not sure if it was good for anything, but it sure was fun to shoot.

But aren't they all, or at least the ones that do so regularly? Lol

Beretta Minx, 950. Good gun

I've got the big brother in 25, the Jetfire.

locutus 03-26-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1191534)
But aren't they all, or at least the ones that do so regularly? Lol

Beretta Minx, 950. Good gun

I've got the big brother in 25, the Jetfire.



So do I!:):)

BeyondTheBox 03-26-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1191786)

So do I!:):)

Perfect little pocketer ain't it!?!

Love mine!

kirbinster 03-26-2013 11:23 PM

I think the .22 conversion kit for the Glock is cheaper, and its a lot quicker to change the slide in the Glock than in a 1911. That said I just got a Kimber with the .22 Conversion kit and have a Glock G22, so maybe you should listen to what I do not what I say :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.