15 round magazine - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

15 round magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrowning
I don't carry the pistol, just shoot it and it works fine "most of the time" FTE 1 of 100. I like loading three mags and shooting reloading and getting after it again.My browning Challenger I Load 6 mags but they will only hold 10 rds. If I were to carry I would go with a revolver, misfire just keep squeezing.
Don't be too sure. I have a revolver that, fully loaded you could play Russian roulette and have a decent chance of not shooting yourself. Revolvers have their issues. The idea that revolvers are 100% reliable, especially when compared to modern autoloaders, is a myth. Don't limit your choices based on that notion.

My response was in regard to the overloading of magazines. You can rev an engine past redline also, but you do so at your own peril.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #12

Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default no notion just fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Don't be too sure. I have a revolver that, fully loaded you could play Russian roulette and have a decent chance of not shooting yourself. Revolvers have their issues. The idea that revolvers are 100% reliable, especially when compared to modern autoloaders, is a myth. Don't limit your choices based on that notion.

My response was in regard to the overloading of magazines. You can rev an engine past redline also, but you do so at your own peril.
never had a problem with wheel guns S&W 586 Colt Python , Colt SAA.never a problem. I have not come across an autoloader. that nothing, ever happens.
Wheel gun FTF just keep squeezing, unless you have Chinese ammo there shouldn't be concerns.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #13

Quote:

never had a problem with wheel guns S&W 586 Colt Python , Colt SAA.never a problem. I have not come across an autoloader. that nothing, ever happens.
Wheel gun FTF just keep squeezing, unless you have Chinese ammo there shouldn't be concerns.
Your fact is based on your personal experience. My experience tells me that revolvers can and do fail. It's no coincidence that cops and militaries no longer use revolvers.

But, to each their own. If you're happy, then that's all that really matters.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #14

Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Your fact is based on your personal experience. My experience tells me that revolvers can and do fail. It's no coincidence that cops and militaries no longer use revolvers.

But, to each their own. If you're happy, then that's all that really matters.
Btw they are going for greater volume of firepower. That's why us military went from .45 acp to 9mm double firepower. I'm happy ,I try to get the last word the word. Unless you write back and tell me I'm a jerk. Then I'll be a little bummed

Old 05-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #15

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You jerk sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #16

Quote:

Btw they are going for greater volume of firepower. That's why us military went from .45 acp to 9mm double firepower. I'm happy ,I try to get the last word the word. Unless you write back and tell me I'm a jerk. Then I'll be a little bummed
Nah, not a jerk. Just wrong.

I'm kidding. If that's your choice, thats all that counts. The rev vs auto, 9mm vs .45, Ford vs Chevy will live on. That's why I try not to devote much time to it.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrowning View Post
All the lit states 15 round mag. With my UpLULA mag loader I can fit 17
Getting ready to shoot my BDE for the first time and just noticed that I loaded 17 into each magazine with my UpLULA too. Small world. Two extra mags must mean the springs are not very strong because it was not difficult to load them.