10mm & 357sig for hogs.... - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > 10mm & 357sig for hogs....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post

Olympus, I never mention you in my post. I was talking in general. In your post, you never mention that it was you. As far as gun and leg shots, if you can not make the good shot, then keep your finger straight. I rather go home empty then make an animal suffer. I am aware we are human and **** happens. In Germany I have gotten phone calls in the middle of the night from other hunters to help find a wounded animal. We will search until found. Revier owners are required to own a trained tracking dog, and us hunters are trained for tracking. This is the compassion and respect that I was talking about. Sorry you thought I was talking about you, I was not. Peace brother. Good harvesting. Waidmannsheil.
I suppose I should chime in here....As the OP, I just feel it's my place to say something here.
Jagermeister, I think by "quoting" Olympus' response, you are, more or less, using him through your response. I think it was not his intent, or mine, for that matter, to see if we can make an animal suffer. I'm thinking that if you subscribe to this forum, I rake you as a sportsman with a hunters integrity. My intention with this post was to simply see if anyone has used the 357sig on a hog. I know the 357sig's capability on humans through police reports. So, maybe this post wasn't "really" warranted. But I did. As far as 9mm, and an air rifle go, I saw an episode of Guns and Ammo a few weeks back, that had Dick Metcalf take a deer with a Benjamin air rifle. This pellet gun took a deer at about 50 yards. And the deer fell without taking a step.
We all want our hunted game to fall where shot. It's a natural macho-type thing in hunters to have a one shot kill, and to drop in their tracks. I suppose there are some idiots out there that might get off watching an animal suffer. But they're most likely not on this forum. I hope the "enough gun" debate is over. Thanks!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"A man has got to know his limitations....." - Clint

NRA Life Member

Olympus Likes This 
Old 05-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I just want to add that in Texas you use dogs to kick up the hogs! Which means up close shots 2ft-5ft. If the hog is out in a field you use a rifle (.308) you shouldn't chime in on a post if you don't know how we hunt!!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Hunting hogs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcj View Post
I just want to add that in Texas you use dogs to kick up the hogs! Which means up close shots 2ft-5ft. If the hog is out in a field you use a rifle (.308) you shouldn't chime in on a post if you don't know how we hunt!!!!
Ok, maybe that didn't come out as I wanted I guess. Are you directing this comment to me? Man, I hope not, 'cause we're on the same side here.....

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"A man has got to know his limitations....." - Clint

NRA Life Member

Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

No it is jäger. I read his post and it makes me mad. So mad that I found a new forum. Just for glocks and no BS!!!!!

Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #15

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcj
No it is jäger. I read his post and it makes me mad. So mad that I found a new forum. Just for glocks and no BS!!!!!
So every hunter should carry a .44 mag as a backup or something because its "more humans"? What if they can't handle the recoil? What if they just don't have a handgun of a larger caliber such as that? He was asking about the two he has and if it'd be okay to use... I'd rather have a 9mm over a .22 any day

Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcj View Post
Good, glad to hear it!!!!

Jager,
I get the same crap when I tell people I don't agree with beginner and/or average hurters using a 243 for big game hunting. Some people are really hung up on emotion and can't handle logic and facts very well. Just reality I guess!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 05-05-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Jagermeister Likes This