Sis missouri gun laws - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum >

Sis missouri gun laws

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
still a good idea to talk to a lawyer, it's not worth the risk. I've never had an issue with my out of state permit but I have had a couple cops tell me they didn't like that they couldn't tell I had it when they ran my name. I even had ask me in a nice and respectful way to go to the dmv and have it put on my drivers license. I just thought it was sad they he didn't know that's not how it works. I would strongly recommend a ccw permit if you intend to carry. Don't CC without one and OC is risky because we don't have preemption.

Just curious, how old are you and what part of the state are you from
40 spfd,mo

Old 10-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 333 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman417 View Post
im 40 im in springfield,mo i just dont understand i can buy and purchase and posses but cant get a ccw , thats like a car with no wheels
it's possible you just fell through the cracks if the system. I can say this though, the people here know their stuff. I've been here a while and have learned its usually a good idea to listen to what these guys have to say. Just about everyone who has commented, myself included suggested referring to a lawyer. Remember this as well, if you screw up, get yourself in trouble in any way it can potentially look bad on all gun owners. firearms hit the media in negative ways enough as it is without adding to it with a simple mistake or act of carelessness which could have been avoided with a phone call.
People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #33

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Count your blessings. The fact that you are able to own a gun despite your criminal activity is a wonderment. Since you have applied for a CCW in Missouri...you are now "in the system". If you get caught carrying without a CCW permit you will go to jail. If you continue to pursue this without legal advice you are only looking for trouble. The answers you need are not here, they are going to be from a qualified lawyer who understands gun laws and how they are affected by prior criminal activity.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
When I talked to the sheriff, he told me that out of state permits are not "suggested"...take that for what it's worth. And NICS is a federal database, has nothing to do with local sheriff's background checks. I don't hve a record, was never convicted of anything and I got mine in 2 weeks. The sheriff has the right to deny you for any reason, especiallly if at some time in your life you were a crook.
so it wouldnt do me no good to get a permit at of flordia?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 333 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman417 View Post
so it wouldnt do me no good to get a permit at of flordia?
it would do you good to talk a lawyer for legal advise instead of a bunch of guys on the Internet that you don't know
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10405 Times on 5547 Posts
Likes Given: 22254

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984

it would do you good to talk a lawyer for legal advise instead of a bunch of guys on the Internet that you don't know
Why does apple insist on capitalizing Internet? You can't even force a lower case i.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #37

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Why does apple insist on capitalizing Internet? You can't even force a lower case i.
Well....technically....."Internet" is the name of a service, not a description....it's a proper noun.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10405 Times on 5547 Posts
Likes Given: 22254

Well that answers that. Thanks.

Closed Thread