Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Missouri Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Missouri over ride session proves fruitful (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/missouri-over-ride-session-proves-fruitful-96910/)

Ironhorse944 09-12-2013 02:15 AM

Missouri over ride session proves fruitful

Missouri over ride session proves fruitful as HB 436 Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution Was passed by veto over ride today! Now I can go buy that machine gun and suppressor I've had my eye on and the BATF can kiss my ass!

TheSadPanda 09-14-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse944 (Post 1369192)
Missouri over ride session proves fruitful as HB 436 Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution Was passed by veto over ride today! Now I can go buy that machine gun and suppressor I've had my eye on and the BATF can kiss my ass!

I thought it failed the senate vote by 1?

jimogden1984 09-14-2013 04:13 PM

It did fail by 1. We had 2 Republicans who voted for it the first time and flipped when it came time to override.

jimogden1984 09-14-2013 04:18 PM

I also don't know if you would be able to buy class 3 or not. I looked at the Missouri laws and it does say class 3 is illegal because of federal law. but since that law is on Missouri books I'm not sure if hb436 would have taken it off or if we would have had to wait until it ended up in court for a judge to decide.

Argyle_Armoring 09-14-2013 04:18 PM

Looks like a couple of Republicans are going to lose their seats.

jimogden1984 09-14-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring (Post 1371660)
Looks like a couple of Republicans are going to lose their seats.

I guess they decided they didn't like some of the language. And instead of trying to change it the first time and do it right they struck it down when we really needed them.

Ironhorse944 09-15-2013 04:27 PM

I'm depressed again :(

jimogden1984 09-15-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse944 (Post 1372820)
I'm depressed again :(

it sucks. I was listening to the debates online. The Republicans made damn good arguments for the bill and some lady Democrat from STL turned it into a race issue about the black kids in the ghetto and how the bill didn't have anything in it to keep illegal guns off the streets and out of the hands of the black kids who go around shooting each other. She said she has a gang member 3 doors down and a drug dealer across the street and she's so scared she can't sleep at night. I was just thinking you're a state rep, you surely make decent money, MOVE!

JW357 09-15-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimogden1984

it sucks. I was listening to the debates online. The Republicans made damn good arguments for the bill and some lady Democrat from STL turned it into a race issue about the black kids in the ghetto and how the bill didn't have anything in it to keep illegal guns off the streets and out of the hands of the black kids who go around shooting each other. She said she has a gang member 3 doors down and a drug dealer across the street and she's so scared she can't sleep at night. I was just thinking you're a state rep, you surely make decent money, MOVE!

Either move, or buy a damn gun so she can protect herself....

Wy does it always come to race with these knuckleheads....

gunsmoke11 09-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1372946)
Either move, or buy a damn gun so she can protect herself....

Wy does it always come to race with these knuckleheads....

When they can't win an argument they always resort to the race card, but that's OK. It's been used so many times as to make it irrelivent in the future. Common sense on their part is lacking as well, so the thought of moving, or purchasing a weapon for protection is the last thing on their midget minds.