KC Area Rifle Range? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > KC Area Rifle Range?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoSierra
Working on building an AR15 and I noticed the Bullet Hole in Mission, KS does not allow AR15 rifles unless converted to a .22. Does anyone know of a place in or around KC that I can go shooting once my project it done? I am willing to drive a bit if necessary. Sure would hate to finish it only to find out there is no where to shoot it. Will post picts when done.

Thanks,
B
Try Parma Woods in Platte county if your north of the river or lake city on the east side of Jackson county... If your still looking.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Shooting places

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoSierra View Post
Working on building an AR15 and I noticed the Bullet Hole in Mission, KS does not allow AR15 rifles unless converted to a .22. Does anyone know of a place in or around KC that I can go shooting once my project it done? I am willing to drive a bit if necessary. Sure would hate to finish it only to find out there is no where to shoot it. Will post picts when done.

Thanks,
B
I have a place that anyone who is a member of this group can come and shoot just outside of Kansas City. I have a place near Archie which is just past Harrsonville about 8 miles. I am there most every weekend and there are 40 acre's to shoot on and I have all types of targets for long range shooting and close quarter shooting. Drop me a line if you are interested and I can prepare for anyone who wants to come out. You have to be a member of this group first. Thanks

Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #13

Wildlife areas sometimes have ranges. One in Mo. that comes to mind is in Gallatin. Nice range. You will be on your own there with other public. No range officals. Gallatin has 25 yd , 50 yd , and 100 yd ranges. Also a real nice shotgun area for checking spreads on your loads.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk63
I have a place that anyone who is a member of this group can come and shoot just outside of Kansas City. I have a place near Archie which is just past Harrsonville about 8 miles. I am there most every weekend and there are 40 acre's to shoot on and I have all types of targets for long range shooting and close quarter shooting. Drop me a line if you are interested and I can prepare for anyone who wants to come out. You have to be a member of this group first. Thanks
Hello nighthawk63,

If you ever need a shooting buddy I live close and love to shoot. You said you shoot near harrisonville? I live in Greenwood, been looking for someone to shoot with. Tired of going to lake city alone.

Do you have a rifle and pistol set up on your land?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #15

Liked 79 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Thanks for the offer Nighthawk63. I live just East of Garden City, so you're close by. I'll take ya up on that one of these days. Is there any limitations as to the fire-power a person brings. Don't worry---I don't have a Howlitzer.

Hey Blackrifle, being that you're so close to Harrisonville, maybe we can meet up and carpool down to Nighthawk's place or the gun range I know of, in Clinton(Golden Valley). I want a shootin Bud myself as it's safer.
Also needing a Hunting Partner for Year round hunts----squirrel, deer, turkey and other seasonal pleasures around the Johnson, Henry, Cass County areas, and if you have land that will allow me to hunt on, I would be grateful for your generosity, as It's getting seriously dangerous in the Public Conservation Areas I've frequented.
Del

Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #16

Triumphman, I hunt private property and unfortunatly cannot bring guests. I "ranch hand" for a farmer on weekends for hunting rights. But his rules are family only sorry. But as far as shooting I'm game, there is also lake city range just north of blue springs too. I do have a place to shoot pistols in the summer/non-hunting seasons. It's a dried up creek bed perfect for close quarters shooting. And the creek banks are 8'-10' tall so very safe.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRifle
Triumphman, I hunt private property and unfortunatly cannot bring guests. I "ranch hand" for a farmer on weekends for hunting rights. But his rules are family only sorry. But as far as shooting I'm game, there is also lake city range just north of blue springs too. I do have a place to shoot pistols in the summer/non-hunting seasons. It's a dried up creek bed perfect for close quarters shooting. And the creek banks are 8'-10' tall so very safe.
I wish I had a place like that to shoot, I usually go to bass pro in independence. Its a nice range but is rather be able to shoot outdoors

Old 10-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #18

Have you been to lake city? Nice range 20 rifle stalls w/ benches. Pistol range w/ stalls I believe, 3$ an hour. Just north of blue springs just off 7 hwy.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ya, I've been. I guess I should say private land...it would be nice to shoot at something other than paper.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #20

Yea, I hear ya. Plus I like to test my double tap and rapid fire accuracy. That seems to be frowned upon at public ranges. Lol. I could prolly line up a 50 yd Target in my creek for rifle but that's about max until you hit a bend in the creek. By the way where I shoot is next to Powell gardens off 50 hwy.