Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > Anybody been hunting or preparing for upcoming seasons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Anybody been hunting or preparing for upcoming seasons?

I've been doing a little small game and predator hunting. Anyone else? I've also been preparing for bow season. I know it's not a gun but it shoots and is lethal lol. I live in Knob Noster. Between Sedalia and Warrensburg. I also hunt out by Moberly. Anyone near these places having any luck?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #2

I live in peculiar! have really been practicing my bow lately and have gone squirrel hunting a few times you should look into settles ford I have killed many deer there with a bow and if you know good spots you will usually be alone there. It is really a true nature reserve I swear I've never seen so many turkeys in my whole life besides there

Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #3

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the advice. Good luck this season. Post some pics if you get anything.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 673 Times on 440 Posts
Likes Given: 1837

Picked up my hunting license yesterday actually. The squirrel's shall feel the wrath of Marlin... and then the frying pan.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #5

I've been scouting and putting up cameras. My brother in law bought land where the second biggest buck in MO was shot and luck for me he don't hunt.. He owns 1000 acres. And I hunt it all by myself shot a 170 last year and 7 does have given most of meat to charity food bank. That's the deal I have with him. Not a bad deal.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #6

I went out looking for squirrels today and didn't see any lol. It's so dry out. That's a lot of land to hunt alone lol. I've got a few little spots to hunt. I plan on shooting a doe for charity and a buck if I'm lucky for the wall.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts

Been bow hunting past couple weekends, not much just a couple of does here and there. My dads friend is a MO Parks ranger and has said deer population is down from last year because of drought. It's apparent in our area, only one nice buck on cam and a couple six's roaming the area. Not expecting a big year here. Jackson co.