3rd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. APR 12-13, 2014 - Page 55
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 3rd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. APR 12-13, 2014

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #541
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengie View Post
Does this mean, SirGator can't come either? Pengie wanted to meet him. Maybe next time!

SirGator Almost Got Himself placed under House Arrest on Friday While I was Spraying Weeds, He decided he was going to chase a visiting German Shepard. His Tie Off let him get about 20 feet off the porch,..but he's smart enough to try and "Twist" himself out of his Collar!! He's a Good Watchdog, but he thinks EVERY dog in Range of his eyesight is a Threat.....Attachment 142064

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #542

Liked 866 Times on 676 Posts

ok folks, lets let the world know what you thought....

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2888

http://www.firearmstalk.com/shops-ranges/missouri/

what i cant believe is how many shooters didnt listen to my podcast with drfootball. i asked everyone at the meet and not one heard it.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Last edited by bobski; 04-13-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #543
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 671 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
how many staff do you have?
Its Sporting Clay’s event so carts come into play. I have 4 that load and organize the carts and ammo, 3 checking shooters in, 1 breakfast team, 6 lunch cooking teams, 1 MC, 3 prize runners, 1 field coordinator, 4 trap repairmen, 1 cart mechanic, 1 safety guy. I think that covers most of it. Of course, there are tents set up throughout the courses with drinks (no beers), snacks, and goodies.

"Don't believe all quotes you read on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Old 04-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #544

its just me and one untrained staff. and i do all the teaching.

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #545

if anyone has any pics of shooters in squads, send them to me for review. dont post pics without them going thru me first. there are some that prefer not to be seen on the www.

Retired Naval Aviation

G30USMC Likes This 
Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #546

final tally.

friday:
1. windsofchange
2. balota

saturday:

9am:
2. rockratt
3. rockratt buddy1
4. balota(again)
5. astroman

1pm:
1. gso
2. gsofriend2
3. gsofriend3
4. geobob
5. geofriend2

5pm:
1. geofriend1
2. nate
3. geofriend3

Retired Naval Aviation

Last edited by bobski; 04-14-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #547
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 671 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Quote:
its just me and one untrained staff. and i do all the teaching.
Yea, I am pretty spoiled. Let me know if you can happen to be in the area, I can usually get a guy or two on a full paid team - all you'd need is gun, eyes, and ears.

"Don't believe all quotes you read on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Old 04-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #548

youre too kind. thanks.

Retired Naval Aviation

Old 04-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #549
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8403 Times on 5022 Posts
Likes Given: 10928

Quote:
if anyone out there tries to say you cant make 40 yd shots with a 410, just ask winds' about that. winds' was using an 80 year old marlin with full choke and did just fine.
balota did remarkably well considering his brand new gun had a non concentric choke. it really erks me how new gun mfg'ers push their product, but lack the old american attention to detail and allow defects get past their qa. give me an old american gun any day.

winds, im so sorry those hills and turns got to you. it really is a 30 minute roller coaster ride driving these hills, aint it?

I really did like that lever action. I have been convinced I need a 20 gauge and I believe my scores will improve. Balota and I went to Bass Pro in Springfield and looked at some youth sized shotguns.

And as for the sickness. I'm okay, don't feel sorry for me. It's Balota and Robert who deserve all the sympathies. Two very kind men.

Quote:
well, all that came are still enroute home or dead tired, or seeing the sites, so i'll start it off.

what a great shoot.
winds shot 410 and was hitting them at 40yds. she loved my marlin lever gun.
jeff patterned and learned his new gun is off center. so much for a weatherby SA-20.
geobob knows now his so called asian 870 clone tacticool 18" bbl is patterning so low, to hit a bird i couldnt see the bird above the bbl. must be a customer option...'would you happy yankee like a gun that doesnt shoot right? ' we have the gun for you! :> as a consequence, geobob will wear his kilt and play bagpipes next meet!
the shining light was 14yr old geofriend2 who with a 20ga, was smiles all the way around. she shot 5 games and was a deadeye on trap.
we had a walk in shooter become a new ftf member and he joined us.
like always, astro kept shooters on their toes with his fine shooting. gso (returning champ) fell to me in shootoff this time and trophy went to geofriend 3.
gso's 3 friends did very well.
r.scott once again kept everything running perfectly and made the range perfect.
rockratts pressure washer loan made the sidewalks shine but he had to leave early and missed the steak, when word of his fathers illness arrived. keep his father in your prayers.
rockrattbuddy1 not only shot well, but he gave me hope someday of learning how to stick weld.

all in all, i'll take 35mph winds over rain anyday! and blow it did. its amazing anyone hit anything! birds were everywhere and challenging. high score was 82. low score was 16 and it wasnt winds' score too! see? i told ya you could do it!
Savanna was a joy to watch shoot. The smile wouldn't leave her face and she was kicking everyone's butt. So cute......as was her Mama. I'm glad they came.

As for the kilt and bagpipes, I swear, Geobob. If you DON'T come in kilt and bring the bagpipes, I'll be very disappointed and I'm not kidding.

Quote:
if anyone has any pics of shooters in squads, send them to me for review. dont post pics without them going thru me first. there are some that prefer not to be seen on the www.
I have some pictures I'd like to post. Is there anyone else other me who doesn't want their picture posted?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:12 AM   #550
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2776 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 2803

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
Thank you Bob and Bob and Sarah!!!!! It was another great outing for sure.
Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Pop was released from the hospital before I got home and is doing well.
We are all relieved that things worked out for your dad.

Maybe we could see you and him in October?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.