2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 99
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #981
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 711 Times on 554 Posts

you have 6 months to buy one! sarahs is going back to va! man did it get wet. i had to strip it to parade rest and air hose blow all my guns out with lp air!

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #982
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Will you bring them and shoot them, though? THAT is the question! Besides, I have this niggling feeling that somewhere in his collection, Bobski probably has a blunderbuss going back somewhere into the 1800's.
Oh ya. Have not shot it in a while but it still shoots. Its just about as deadly on the butt end as it is the muzzle though... Also have dads old Westernfield that I believe is a rebranded Stevens sold by Wards. It is circa 1960. Once again though no serial number to run it down. I know how it shoots because I use it for critter control around the place and will probably bring it the next time just because.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #983
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7118 Times on 4285 Posts
Likes Given: 8645

Okay, I'm home and I uploaded some pictures. Here you have 'em.

Mist in the hills and the high house.

Bobski showing us how it's done.

Mrs. Tekgreg showing Bobski how it's done. LOL She was a very good shot and didn't wimp out like some other woman who went.

From left to right, Robert S, Bobski and Astroman. I'll tell you all about Robert S. later.

Bobski and Arkey's Son in law. This guy was very impressive to watch. He rarely missed and he made shooting skeet and trap look easy, which it isn't. He was VERY GOOD at this sport.

Bobski and Arkey.

Bobski showing us the International skeet Shoot.

The beautiful scenery from the Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm.

Bobski and Rockrat.

Squad One learning the rotation.

Please forgive me if I got anyone's names wrong. I will make corrections as I am notified of any errors I made.

Arkey being handed the trophy.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 10-11-2013 at 06:48 PM.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 10-08-2013, 04:10 AM   #984
FTF_MODERATOR.png

And what FTF event is complete without The Pengie. I will say I have taken custody of The Pengie from Balota. I was horrified to discover Balota stapled a piece of Velcro to Pengie's butt so he could stick Pengie on the bill of his cap.

Anyway, the staple has been removed, the injury has been tended to. Here's Balota making Pengie feel at home in a bird house.

Pengie standing guard over the shot guns while we were in the Club House.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 10-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #985
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Bobski, I'll be there for the April Shoot and Hoot. And I'm going to try my "skill" with the .410 again. The 20 gauge was too heavy. For a first time shooter, I did okay with the .410. I just got impatient with myself. I may look into getting my own youth shot gun. But Balota and I went to the Bass Pro Shop and the two youth models they showed me were too heavy, too. I think the .410 might just be the right shotgun for me.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #986
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I want to tell you all the Bobski and his beautiful wife were the perfect hosts. I spent quite some time in the Club House talking with Sarah. What a kind, gentle, intelligent and charming woman she is.

I also want to talk about Robert S. If Bobski was the soul of the Shoot and Hoot, Robert S. was it's heart. He worked tirelessly all day making sure everything ran perfectly as Bobski was keeping on eye on his shooters. keeping score and teaching us along the way. Robert literally ran back and forth getting needed items and running the clay throwers. He was cold, drenched and never once complained or seemed like any task was a bother to him. I don't think Bob and Sarah could ever find a better care taker to the Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm than Robert S. He is someone anybody would want as a friend.

Thanks, Robert. You are incredible.

People Like This 
Old 10-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #987
FTF_MODERATOR.png

For lunch in the Club House we had the most delicious Guacamole made by Balota's son. There were also meatballs in a Crock Pot for anybody who wanted some. There was pop for a very nominal fee and we watched a few very entertaining videos during some down time waiting for the rain to let up. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend a Saturday. What a good time with some wonderful people.

We had an excellent dinner at the steak house. Balota and I enjoyed our meals but we were impressed with the delicious looking Reuben Sandwich Dennis ordered. We went back to the Steak House Sunday to get ourselves one of those Reubens and we were very disappointed the Steak House was closed on Sunday and Monday. And we couldn't find anywhere in Mountain Grove to get a Reuben. Darn it!! As a thank you, Bobski, Sarah and Robert S.'s meals were paid for by several of us shooters. It was the only way we could think of to repay them for all their hard work and dedication to us.

I will be there again in April and I hope some of you who couldn't make it will be able to in April. I guarantee you all will have a great time with some wonderful people.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #988
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
For lunch in the Club House we had the most delicious Guacamole made by Balota's son. There were also meatballs in a Crock Pot for anybody who wanted some. There was pop for a very nominal fee and we watched a few very entertaining videos during some down time waiting for the rain to let up. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend a Saturday. What a good time with some wonderful people.

We had an excellent dinner at the steak house. Balota and I enjoyed our meals but we were impressed with the delicious looking Reuben Sandwich Dennis ordered. We went back to the Steak House Sunday to get ourselves one of those Reubens and we were very disappointed the Steak House was closed on Sunday and Monday. And we couldn't find anywhere in Mountain Grove to get a Reuben. Darn it!! As a thank you, Bobski, Sarah and Robert S.'s meals were paid for by several of us shooters. It was the only way we could think of to repay them for all their hard work and dedication to us.

I will be there again in April and I hope some of you who couldn't make it will be able to in April. I guarantee you all will have a great time with some wonderful people.
By the way, Bobski & his wife asked me to thank GeoBob, Astro, my wife and all the others that kicked in for dinner. Balota got kissed on the cheek and Winds hugged to death, but they said they didn't realize at the time that others had chipped in. It was better that way anyway - it was all getting too gushy!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #989
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Bobski, I'll be there for the April Shoot and Hoot. And I'm going to try my "skill" with the .410 again. The 20 gauge was too heavy. For a first time shooter, I did okay with the .410. I just got impatient with myself. I may look into getting my own youth shot gun. But Balota and I went to the Bass Pro Shop and the two youth models they showed me were too heavy, too. I think the .410 might just be the right shotgun for me.
Winds, you did so well with the .410 that I think you should probably look for a pump or semi-auto, adult or youth, whichever fits you better. The semi might be better on your condition, but the .410 pumps are easier than the 20 gauge to cycle.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #990
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
here it is guys.
click this link for the place to leave a review!!!
http://www.firearmstalk.com/shops-ranges/missouri/

and this one too please!!
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2888
Both posted, Bobski!

Balota, fastening Velcro to a penguin's behind MIGHT be perceived by PETA as an act of cruelty. You better not get Bobski and company in trouble by getting the farm raided by animal-nazis! Winds should police all acts of possible animal abuse and keep us PC.

Does that make Winds the Penguin Police? She'll need a black and white waiter uniform with a badge!

Last edited by TekGreg; 10-08-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Closed Thread