2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 98
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum >

2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #971
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Careful? Of what? Everyone knows that Winds is an open book, right? :P

Don't worry, Winds, you know me - I always behave! besides, I don't want Bobski to ban us from the April shoot and all the new stuff he's planning.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #972
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Geobob, you are a fun guy! I couldn't believe that Dennis beat me in bringing the oldest shotgun, either! I think we should do one of the games like Annie Oakley, but all the guns have to be older than 1960! LOL! Tell Dennis I'm already looking for something older than his as well.
Hmmm???? That could be interesting. I have my great grand fathers J Stevens 12 gauge side by side with wire spin barrels. Been trying to date the stink'n thing but there is no model number on it and no serial number. Thinking circa early 1900's.
Good to meet you and your wife Tekgreg and look forward to doing it again. Be safe going home.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #973

Liked 948 Times on 734 Posts

heres what robert s. shot....
sqd1.jpg   1.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #974

funny weekend indeed. friday was 85 and hot. the shoot was 80 in the morning, clear, then it clouded up. then it rained. then it turned windy 50deg and wet. then it poured. then it drizzled. then it got dark.
sunday was sunny, clear, and cold.
its like we had the meet on the day the earth changed seasons! but there we were....in true military form, being duck hunters sitting in a wet blind...having a great time!
5.jpg   6.jpg   7.jpg  
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #975

then the time came to decide who would have to face me.....and it turned out to be gso!
there we were, soaked, tired, and worn out at the award ceremony in the club!

squad 2 has yet to be sensored. im looking for a betty boop overlay for winds. please stand by!
8.jpg   9.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #976
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
Hmmm???? That could be interesting. I have my great grand fathers J Stevens 12 gauge side by side with wire spin barrels. Been trying to date the stink'n thing but there is no model number on it and no serial number. Thinking circa early 1900's.
Good to meet you and your wife Tekgreg and look forward to doing it again. Be safe going home.
Will you bring them and shoot them, though? THAT is the question! Besides, I have this niggling feeling that somewhere in his collection, Bobski probably has a blunderbuss going back somewhere into the 1800's.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #977

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

We had a great time at the Shoot! My Son-in-Law and I will both be back.
By the way Bob, the review section on this site will not let me post a second review.
Arky

Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #978

thanks for trying. did you put one in on the claytargetsonline website?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #979
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8754 Times on 5230 Posts
Likes Given: 11609

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
squad 2 has yet to be sensored. im looking for a betty boop overlay for winds. please stand by!
WAIT A MINUTE...........I thought I was promised a Marilyn Monroe overlay.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #980
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3195 Times on 1932 Posts
Likes Given: 3074

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
funny weekend indeed. friday was 85 and hot. the shoot was 80 in the morning, clear, then it clouded up. then it rained. then it turned windy 50deg and wet. then it poured. then it drizzled. then it got dark.
sunday was sunny, clear, and cold.
its like we had the meet on the day the earth changed seasons! but there we were....in true military form, being duck hunters sitting in a wet blind...having a great time!
You can blame the weather on me, Rainman. I did warn you guys, but no one ever believes me...

Me and Pengie were both in our element! Cold and wet!

Bobski, thanks for putting on a great event. I learned that what I see over the sight picture is where the pattern will go. Now if I can just learn to get the sight picture where it belongs quickly I'll be on my way!

Next year I want to try that 20 gauge. The 12 was a bit much for me.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Closed Thread