2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 87
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #861
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

It looks like we are going to have a perfect weekend, weather wise. Clear, 0% chance of rain (unless Balota shows up) and in the low 70's. It doesn't get much better than that.

It should rain there the next few days so I would imagine there would be no ban on fires.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #862
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3026 Times on 1834 Posts
Likes Given: 2939

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It looks like we are going to have a perfect weekend, weather wise. Clear, 0% chance of rain (unless Balota shows up) and in the low 70's. It doesn't get much better than that.

It should rain there the next few days so I would imagine there would be no ban on fires.
Sorry Winds, I'm coming. Wouldn't miss it. Better bring a poncho just in case!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #863

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post

Sorry Winds, I'm coming. Wouldn't miss it. Better bring a poncho just in case!
My job has equipped me with a full frog togg suit. I'm ready...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Bummer. October is my renewal for auto insurance. Because of this, they want the payment a few days early plus the renewal fee of 15 bucks, to get it all processed in time to take effect at midnight on the night of the second.

I ain't got it. I don't get paid again until the 4th.

Oh well... can't squeeze water from a stone. I'll cross that bridge when I have to. Call Monday and see if they'll work with me.
I just posted this in another thread.

I also have my car note, water, gas, and electric due at the same time. And I'm sure I have another bill I'm forgetting about, not to mention gas for my car and groceries. And I make barely over minimum wage.

I'm sorry guys, but I simply don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. Worst case scenario, I may just have to reimburse my benefactor through pay pal, which I was planning to do in person, and sit this one out.

Being forced out of my home on such short notice has seriously ****ED me financially, and I don't know if I'll be able to recover anytime soon.

Bobski, list me as a maybe, but my ticket is already paid so this shouldn't put any hardship on the expenses. I'll just have to do what I can and I'll be reimbursing the person who bought my ticket regardless of whether I can make it or not.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #865

Rent. That's the bill I forgot.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #866
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I just posted this in another thread.

I also have my car note, water, gas, and electric due at the same time. And I'm sure I have another bill I'm forgetting about, not to mention gas for my car and groceries. And I make barely over minimum wage.

I'm sorry guys, but I simply don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. Worst case scenario, I may just have to reimburse my benefactor through pay pal, which I was planning to do in person, and sit this one out.

Being forced out of my home on such short notice has seriously ****ED me financially, and I don't know if I'll be able to recover anytime soon.

Bobski, list me as a maybe, but my ticket is already paid so this shouldn't put any hardship on the expenses. I'll just have to do what I can and I'll be reimbursing the person who bought my ticket regardless of whether I can make it or not.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to come either. I'm broke, and I don't start my new job until after the meet.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #867

Liked 922 Times on 716 Posts

im safe here in mo.

now....you guys are bs'ing me arent you?
you got guys from all over coming to meet you and youre gonna back out?
tell me you guys are not serious. i just drove 1200 miles to be here. and you dont want to know what it cost me either. that uhaul wasnt cheap. nor was a v8 hauling 5000lbs thru mountains.
you guys had 6 months to save up for this. take out a loan...and be here. i did.

yeah you guys paid. fine. but people are working behind the scenes to make this nice for you guys. robert scott is digging a fire pit for you guys. i just dragged benches from va to set up around the campfire for you guys. he tried to cut the range and the lawn tractor broke. he trailered the tractor into town 40 miles to get it fixed before saturday. my wife came to meet you guys. i just dragged 6 guns here for you guys. i have a gun shop dealer coming to set up. i have a table reserved for 20+ people with no money down...so if you guys dont show, it makes me look bad with the steakhouse. i reserved 15 for last meet and only 5 showed in march. i had egg on my face.

so rain or shine....im gonna be there. so please dont do this to me. or should i say...dont do this to everyone here on ftf.
we all are suffering to be here. being here isnt about me, its about you guys. and sure enough...one guy starts to waiver and it allows others to waiver too. ive seen this before. why? because if people bail, whats the sense of coming? the meet is about people.

so go back to your books and balance them better! in the military we had a saying...."dont give me 99 reasons why you cant do it, give me one reason you can."

you can do this. geesh. 6 days before this meet and you guys start bailing. i cant believe it.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Last edited by bobski; 09-29-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #868
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

I'm not going to bail and neither is Balota. I'm going to have a good time.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #869
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3026 Times on 1834 Posts
Likes Given: 2939

Bobski, if I read it right, Trip and TWW are the only ones not coming. A bunch of us are coming and looking forward to it!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #870

Sorry. Can't be helped. Obviously if I hadn't been evicted through no fault of my own, I would have the money to be there. But being a single dad and making 9 bucks and hour, that kinda throws a wrench in plans. Just sayin.

Closed Thread