2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 84
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #831
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3014 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 2934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengie View Post
Of course, allowing Simon to give directions is, itself, an adventure... Balota told me all about it!

(Pssst...Lady Winds! Balota has started using VZ Navigator. She sounds like trouble to me. Just sayin'.)
Gee, thanks Pengie! I let you use the computer for a couple hours and the first thing you do is get me in trouble!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #832

Liked 917 Times on 714 Posts

this time next week i should be pulling into vanzant. i called in the reservation for club 60. all is set. wifes getting excited about the trip. we always do. its nice to have a destination to aim for. living my dream these years. mid-life had no crisis, and my early senior years have been an adventure.
i plan on living a full life and the farm will be part of it. im just sad i couldnt have started sooner on it. farms are like lawns. you drop the ball just once and it takes 3 times as long to get control back. this farm was neglected and just like me...i felt sorry for it and im trying to rescue it. i sometimes wonder what it must have been like when it was operating. youll all see the burnt milk barn foundation when you come. it was the heart of the operation and when it went, the farmers just gave up. sad indeed. our neighbor is doing well. if you see her, her name is beverly. her inlaws and kids keep her farm going. say hi to her if you see her on her golf cart as she checks fences on her 300 acres around me.
now keep in mind, this meet for me is going to be a performance. timing is everything and like a stage show, a lot of things can go wrong. weather, machines, humans, cars, trucks, power, etc...
as much as id like to chew the cudd with you guys, please understand im going to do my best to be polite and busy at the sametime. when on the range, im in my zone. off range may get stale, so i expect everyone to come with creature comforts to keep themselves occupied during down time when not shooting. my club is yours to enjoy, but if we dont dance the jig to your liking, we apologize in advance. we arent carnival cruise lines. lol! try to put yourselves in my head...i have 20 strangers to look after and safety is paramount. i'll be walking radar and concentrating on your safety. but i cant see behind me or off range. so help me by watching everything behind me for me.
the trap machine is the heart of the meet. if a skeet machine goes, we can move to another field, but if trap goes, i will have to redesign the meet the best i can. its just common sense. hope you guys understand.

so thanks for understanding....its gonna be fun overall, but its work mostly for me. and odds are sarah will be driving me to the club while i sleep on the way. i'll be be wiped out. maybe a pie in the face might wake me up! lol.

and when its all over, im back to being a farmer painting barns and fixing things. who said a womans work is never done. how about farmers?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Last edited by bobski; 09-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #833
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1916 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
this time next week i should be pulling into vanzant. i called in the reservation for club 60. all is set. wifes getting excited about the trip. we always do. its nice to have a destination to aim for. living my dream these years. mid-life had no crisis, and my early senior years have been an adventure.
i plan on living a full life and the farm will be part of it. im just sad i couldnt have started sooner on it. farms are like lawns. you drop the ball just once and it takes 3 times as long to get control back. this farm was neglected and just like me...i felt sorry for it and im trying to rescue it. i sometimes wonder what it must have been like when it was operating. youll all see the burnt milk barn foundation when you come. it was the heart of the operation and when it went, the farmers just gave up. sad indeed. our neighbor is doing well. if you see her, her name is beverly. her inlaws and kids keep her farm going. say hi to her if you see her on her golf cart as she checks fences on her 300 acres around me.
now keep in mind, this meet for me is going to be a performance. timing is everything and like a stage show, a lot of things can go wrong. weather, machines, humans, cars, trucks, power, etc...
as much as id like to chew the cudd with you guys, please understand im going to do my best to be polite and busy at the sametime. when on the range, im in my zone. off range may get stale, so i expect everyone to come with creature comforts to keep themselves occupied during down time when not shooting. my club is yours to enjoy, but if we dont dance the jig to your liking, we apologize in advance. we arent carnival cruise lines. lol! try to put yourselves in my head...i have 20 strangers to look after and safety is paramount. i'll be walking radar and concentrating on your safety. but i cant see behind me or off range. so help me by watching everything behind me for me.
the trap machine is the heart of the meet. if a skeet machine goes, we can move to another field, but if trap goes, i will have to redesign the meet the best i can. its just common sense. hope you guys understand.

so thanks for understanding....its gonna be fun overall, but its work mostly for me. and odds are sarah will be driving me to the club while i sleep on the way. i'll be be wiped out. maybe a pie in the face might wake me up! lol.

and when its all over, im back to being a farmer painting barns and fixing things. who said a womans work is never done. how about farmers?
Dam Bob I fell a sleep reading all that..........
Apparently it use to be an old dairy farm. There use to be a lot of them around here but it got to where you couldn't make a living so lots and lots of them went under. A lot of them were fore closed on and broken up into ranchettes and sold. What are you going to farm? Marijuana must be pretty lucrative. There are a number of them around here doing it.. Oh I'm kidding. Not about them doing it around here though.
If a machine breaks we will fix it if we can. Never worked on a trap machine but I figure it is just nuts and bolts and springs. If we can't we will
improvise. Throw em by hand if we have to. And if that don't work we will spin Balota or pin the tail on the ratt or something. Hell I think your more nervous than we are. It's fall in the Ozarks !!!!! I love this time of year and just want to be outdoors. And in this case I get to be outdoors, meet new people and do something I have always wanted to do but never made the time for. Don't worry be happy!! It's going to be a safe and fun day!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #834

if you know how to tear apart and repair a sewing machine, you can work on a trap machine. numerous timing points are what its all about and the most demanding is broken parts. its one of those take 5 things off to fix one thing kinda situation. me and my staff are well versed in it so if we need anything, it would be muscles to swap one out instead of spending all day fixing one.

in college, i did 10 page reports in 1 hour. my wife was jealous....because id get a's every time.
i like to write.
so does she. remember, shes a playwrite.

we are planting nut trees, stock walnut, hay and a victory garden. we are set up for cows and have paddocks with watering defined.

...and we raise clay pigeons!
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Last edited by bobski; 09-22-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #835
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well then we will change it out.........

Old 09-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #836
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8655 Times on 5164 Posts
Likes Given: 11395

Quote:
Bob, I can't believe you wrote that. Are you looking for trouble? I can think of at least on person attending who isn't all hell bent on behaving. I'll be watching your back for you.

Quote:
I agree. I admire farmers as some of the hardest working men and women around. They have my deepest respect. After all, they feed me.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 09-22-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #837

i'll take a steak in the face as an alternate.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #838

rock...machines are not that huge, but clumsy, delicate, and fragile. its about 150-200lbs and it must toss paper airplanes perfectly millions of times.
they have transmissions with oil, and springs like shocks, the feed mechanism is dainty and is adjusted within 1/32" tolerences with shims to adjust a toss. it has feed ramps like cylinders that must be in time with the wheel. aiming is like an old fashioned cannon. you look out the window and move the machine left or right and bolt it down. minor adjustments are on the arm loosening 3 screws. 1/16th" will move the flight 6". sometimes it will hit inside the window and scare the daylights at you if you go too far. youll think a woman is tossing dishes at you for staying out late.
the arm when it releases can cut you in half and decapitate. trap houses are normally off limits to customers in the big world of shooting ranges, but i will open them up for people to see and respect.

Last edited by bobski; 09-22-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #839
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8655 Times on 5164 Posts
Likes Given: 11395

Quote:
the window and scare the daylights at you if you go too far. youll think a woman is tossing dishes at you for staying out late.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #840
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
rock...machines are not that huge, but clumsy, delicate, and fragile. its about 150-200lbs and it must toss paper airplanes perfectly millions of times. they have transmissions with oil, and springs like shocks, the feed mechanism is dainty and is adjusted within 1/32" tolerences with shims to adjust a toss. it has feed ramps like cylinders that must be in time with the wheel. aiming is like an old fashioned cannon. you look out the window and move the machine left or right and bolt it down. minor adjustments are on the arm loosening 3 screws. 1/16th" will move the flight 6". sometimes it will hit inside the window and scare the daylights at you if you go too far. youll think a woman is tossing dishes at you for staying out late. the arm when it releases can cut you in half and decapitate. trap houses are normally off limits to customers in the big world of shooting ranges, but i will open them up for people to see and respect.
sounds like a normal night around here. LOL

Closed Thread