2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 73
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum >

2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #721
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4837 Times on 2856 Posts
Likes Given: 3995

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
oh boy......30 days from now i'll be pulling in to mo. with my truck and getting the range ready for you guys.
you ought to be getting pumped!
I won't know whether I'll be pumped until I get there... I'm needing to borrow one of your guns... So, will I be pumped? Semiautoed? Over/undered? Or sidebysided?

Definitely looking forward to it!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #722
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I won't know whether I'll be pumped until I get there... I'm needing to borrow one of your guns... So, will I be pumped? Semiautoed? Over/undered? Or sidebysided?

You forgot levered, bolted, and singled.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #723
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10128 Times on 6042 Posts
Likes Given: 14393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
You forgot levered, bolted, and singled.
For me, just put it in my hands, show me how to use it and I'll shoot it to the best of my abilities.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #724

Liked 1132 Times on 882 Posts

now youre sounding like someone i can train!
btw...im shooting up in torrington ct this month on vacation, on a little 1 field club in the woods. not even a dirt road to get to it, a grassy road cut threw a field! every tuesday new shooters are invited up. im talking fresh out of hunter safety and never shot before. im putting these guys threw the same routine youll all be getting in oct and , all ages. they are hitting 10 to 12 on average. a 12 year old kids hitting 12 birds with a 20ga. i shot a few perfect games and dropped a few, so im primed. im leaving the model 12 here in ct., so im going to be on semi's for the shoot in mo..
just got the truck back....so im broke! lol.
at least im safe now. seems my rear brakes were not working for years. no contact on the drums at all.
new tires, new brake lines, new tranny fluid, hitch lights, oil, and AC!!!
yeah im broke, but i got a truck that will make the haul. just dont laugh at my bondo on the tool compartments when you see it. :>
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #725

if you guys would be kind enough to store this link in your devices, so after the shoot you can tell the world what you thought....
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2888
go see what other have already thought. just trying to put everyone at ease. its gonna be a great time.
thanks.
----
now, for the record, heres a list of things that could possibly go wrong and that we should all prep for...
1. a car breaks down.
2. it rains.
3. machine breaks.
4. someone gets sick.
5. the dog eats the keys to your car.
6. 1/2 the guys never show up for whatever reason.
7. steak house closes or burns down.

think of any others?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #726
FTF_ADMIN.png

My car is currently at the shop making sure it can make the trip. If that steak house closes or burns down, I hope you have an alternative in mind. I'm looking forward to that darned steak. If my arms are too tired, someone might have to cut my food up and feed me, though.

Guys, it's time to start talking about what we want for lunch. Bobski, is there any grocery stores nearby. I have a few lunch items in mind but I might have to buy some ingredients once I get there. I would like to make a Crock Pot full of very tasty meatballs. I make a mean potato salad but I'm not sure I'll have time to whip it up after I get there. I can pick up some already made potato salad or cole slaw at a nearby grocery store. I can make a couple of tasty dips and have some chips, too.

And, as another reminder.........there are to be NO PICTURES OF ME POSTED ON THE INTERNET.........including this forum.

Bobski, I'm going to be there even if I have to hitch hike in the rain. ROFL

Last edited by winds-of-change; 09-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #727

within 1/2 miles sits three grocery stores. you can see the walmart from the motel. old richardsons is downtown on the square, and there is one near the intersection where you come out of the motel road.
robert scott is safely back from mi. and cutting grass on the range this week. says its hot in mo. heat wave passing thru in the 90's. odds are it will break by oct.
i have some 2x4's i can tie under your arms to keep them up if youd like!
i just got my truck out of the shop here in conn. 1905.00!!!!!!!!
had some major work done to it, including new ac that ive been putting off for 10 years. its tow worthy now. tires, springs, hitch, tranny, brakes...etc..
i'll be there one way or another.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #728
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
within 1/2 miles sits three grocery stores. you can see the walmart from the motel. old richardsons is downtown on the square, and there is one near the intersection where you come out of the motel road.
robert scott is safely back from mi. and cutting grass on the range this week. says its hot in mo. heat wave passing thru in the 90's. odds are it will break by oct.
i have some 2x4's i can tie under your arms to keep them up if youd like!
i just got my truck out of the shop here in conn. 1905.00!!!!!!!!
had some major work done to it, including new ac that ive been putting off for 10 years. its tow worthy now. tires, springs, hitch, tranny, brakes...etc..
i'll be there one way or another.
I dread seeing what my car is going to cost me. But whether I was going to the Shoot and Hoot or not, I would still have to get it in running order. You would NOT believe how I've been driving it the last few days. It is a manual transmission and it had no clutch at all. I'm telling you, I can get myself around any jam I get into. I truly am an Honor Student in the School of Hard Knocks. It's been a survival thing most of my life.

Well, I think I can get us a pretty decent lunch going. Maybe they'll even have some .22 ammo at the WalMart I can bring home.

So, I'm bring a Crock Pot full of very tasty meatballs. Some chips and dips. Do you have an oven there? I can make some exquisite brownies made from scratch, too.

Come on, guys. What are you pitching in for lunch? I was going to make deviled eggs but I decided against it. I know what it does to most of you guys and I'm not standing around you all if you get gassy. I just don't want to spend all morning in the kitchen and miss the shooting. Not only do I want to shoot, but I also want to watch the others shoot.

If my arms are too tired to eat, I think I can get Balota to cut my food up and feed me. Unless his arms are too tired, too. LOL
I can always really entertain you all by just putting my face down in my dish and eating like that. Ewww...........

This is going to be fun. We can't let the guys in Texas have all the fun, can we?

Last edited by winds-of-change; 09-08-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Balota Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #729

heres the blog on club 60.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/210/1066216/restaurant/Missouri/Club-60-Steak-House-Mountain-Grove

locals wiped out walmart of 22's. havent seen any for some time.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #730
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1987 Times on 880 Posts
Likes Given: 1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I dread seeing what my car is going to cost me.

Well, I think I can get us a pretty decent lunch going. Maybe they'll even have some .22 ammo at the WalMart I can bring home.

So, I'm bring a Crock Pot full of very tasty meatballs. Some chips and dips. Do you have an oven there? I can make some exquisite brownies made from scratch, too.

Come on, guys. What are you pitching in? I just don't want to spend all morning in the kitchen and miss the shooting. Not only do I want to shoot, but I also want to watch the others shoot.

If my arms are too tired to eat, I think I can get Balota to cut my food up and feed me. Unless his arms are too tired, too. LOL
I can always really entertain you all by just putting my face down in my dish and eating like that. Ewww...........
Yes there is a heat wave going here now but is supposed to break next week. The weather is usually beautiful the first of Oct. looking forward to it. No 22 around here either. A guy told me his dad picked some up in Springfield but he wasn't sure where. Remember your in Mo. Sticking your face in your plate up there is normal and an accepted form of taking in nutrition.
People Like This 
Closed Thread