2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 60
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #591
Yep, it was as good as you could imagine
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
if you speak hindi and are a hindu, youll be just fine.
I speak Hindi among other languages, so I would be handling any translation issues. And I like Hindu's. They don't seem to want to cook penguins like one Kentucky tow boater I know...
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #592

Liked 869 Times on 679 Posts

this multipersonality stuff is too much for me.
im a retiree. i dont talk to dolls.

have you been able to visit a shooting range in your area to ask shooters to watch and see some clay shooting done?

visit www.claytargetsonline.com and click your state to see which one is closest to you. it would make a nice day trip. seeing it beforehand might eliminate some apprehension.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Old 07-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #593
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8448 Times on 5050 Posts
Likes Given: 11007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
this multipersonality stuff is too much for me.
im a retiree. i dont talk to dolls.

have you been able to visit a shooting range in your area to ask shooters to watch and see some clay shooting done?

visit www.claytargetsonline.com and click your state to see which one is closest to you. it would make a nice day trip. seeing it beforehand might eliminate some apprehension.
When Balota came to visit, we met JonM and shot at the range Jon goes to. As Balota and I were leaving the range, we stopped and watched a young lady shooting clays. I was impressed and inspired by her. We watched her for a half hour or so until the range closed.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #594

can you go back to it and hang out? what was the name of it?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #595
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2788 Times on 1691 Posts
Likes Given: 2821

Bobski, the range is actually up in Wisconsin, a couple hours from Winds house. I don't remember the name, but Winds may. It was a convenient place to meet JonM who lives up near there. I don't think they were doing any of the games like you are setting up. They were just slinging clays with spring loaded mechanical launchers and shooting them. Seemed to be mostly kind of straight out from near the shooter, within +/- 30 deg from direct front center. Every once in a while one would go a bit more side-to-side, but mostly outwards.

Speaking for myself, the games are likely to be just a vehicle for me to try to learn fundamentals like stance, shouldering, cheek weld and other details. Hitting anything will be a bonus! I've only been shooting pistol for a couple years. During those couple of years I've shot a handful of rifles of various calibers, mostly on bench rests with scopes at fixed targets. I have no useful experience whatsoever for shotgunning or moving targets.

I wouldn't describe my mental state as apprehension, more like anticipation. I'm looking forwards to shooting a shotgun and learning to do it reasonably well in the short time available. I've heard lots of good things about your skill as a teacher, so I have high expectations!

Aside from upper body exercises, is there anything I can do to prepare? Competent YouTube demonstrations? Shotgunning websites that can tolerate total newbies?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Balota; 07-08-2013 at 02:34 AM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #596
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Here is the place. It's not quite 2 hours from my house. More like an hour and a half......unless you use Balota's screwy GPS.

http://www.mcmillershootingcenter.com/

They have a great plinking range for .22s.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #597
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2788 Times on 1691 Posts
Likes Given: 2821

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Here is the place. It's not quite 2 hours from my house. More like an hour and a half......unless you use Balota's screwy GPS.

http://www.mcmillershootingcenter.com/

They have a great plinking range for .22s.
Yeah, like Simon is any better!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #598

ah ok...
just curious, my rangemaster is taking a trip up to the U_P in mich and coming down thru wi to pick up a load. what part of wi is winds? anywhere up near the northern part? hes heading to a range called 4+ sportsmans club in tipler.
all the free utube videos are good. but nothing beats hands on. problem with shooting is techniques are as diverse as personalities.
beginners are best served picking one and adjusting over time until you create your own, thru trial and error.
its a shame you all will just be grazing the top at the meet, but if anyone wants to spend an extra day to really learn your favorite game after trying them all, im available for hire.
hey, pass this around to the guys coming. im trying to gin up gas money to the shoot.
http://classic.gunauction.com/shop/gunshop/bobski

Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #599
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I'm live in Northern Illinois. The shooting range is in Southern Wisconsin.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #600

ahhh...4+ is near the mi u-p. way up there.

Closed Thread